Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sippican3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Size of U/G cable

I have an existing 2" ID PVC U/G ductline from my house to our steel barn, approximately
    400 ft. We plan to run 120/240V cable in the ductline to the barn, mainly for fluorscent lighting, and possibly one small electric 'hotplate'.What size, and type cable do you recommend? Hopefully 50 Amp min. AL or CU ? :confused::confused:

Dave Owen
    Retired
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Assuming worst case of 50 amps at 120 volts, you need a #1 copper wire or #3/0 aluminum to the Voltage drop just below the maximum recommended 5% Vd.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cable size [ 1 Answers ]

what is maen 1x3x10 mm2 single phase?

Cable size [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6.3kw hob for my kitchen, what is the smallest size twin and earth cable I can use to supply power to it?

What size Cable? [ 2 Answers ]

We're installing a Built-In Microwave Oven Combo unit, with specs as follows: 40 Ampere, 208/240 Volts, 60 Hertz (1/second). AC-ONLY. USE COPPER WIRE ONLY. A FOUR-WIRE OR THREE-WIRE, SINGLE PHASE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY REQUIRED Question: The new unit is approximately 35 feet from the breaker box. ...

Cable size [ 1 Answers ]

What size cable is required for 1450KW @415 v 3phase for 100metres with ambient temperature of 35 deg C

View more questions Search