Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vincentka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Furnace humidifier
    Hello, I have a problem with my furnace hunidifier, model Aprilaire... When I turn the heat on and the blower starts working, there is a water running non stop. I know that this is from my humidifier, but can anyone help me and tell what is wrong? The water just runs and runs and stop only when I turn off the furnace fan.
    Thank you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 8, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Actually it is supposed to run water if it is a bypass humidfier. The water is supposed to run out of the drain in a very small stream. They need to be serviced every year. New pad and orifice for the water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace humidifier or floor unit/ which is better [ 1 Answers ]

Ok now I've come to a block. I wanted to install a humidifier directly on the furnace so I asked for advise. I had a proffessional company explain that putting one on the furnace is a waste of time. It will rot/rust my furnace and I should go with a floor unit?? So... I ask for a second opinion...

How to connect Aprilaire 700 humidifier to gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I installed Aprilaire 700 humidifier on my furnace - American Standard Freedom 90 Single Stage but I don't know where I can connect 24V from humidifier control panel in furnace. I'll appreciate your help. YP

Humidifier and high efficiency furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have 7 years old high efficiency furnace and new flow through humidifier. Problem is that I do not have necessary level of humidity in my house. It is never more then 26%, which is dry. Should be between 40-60%. Everything works fine, water flows through humidifier every time furnace...

Humidifier dumps water out of furnace [ 6 Answers ]

I woke up three nights ago to the furnace blowing cold air. I have this problem once per year and I have to clean the flame sensor. This time though, I found a lot of water on the basement floor by the furnace. I cleaned the flame sensor and the furnace worked fine for about 4 hours then went...

Water leaking from humidifier into furnace [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I woke up and found water on floor in basement which seems to be coming from humidifier. Is my furnace ruined?:confused:

View more questions Search