Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    callmedoc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Trouble with tests
    Ok, so maybe I'm over reacting, but I have always had a problem taking tests. I totally understand the material and could lecture on it, but when I'm faced with a test, I sometimes hit a wall, mainly with essay tests. It is so frustrating because I studied, I outlined the essay, I understand the material, but when it comes to the writing of the essay, I just stare at the page and draw a blank. So, I was wondering, is this a learning disability or just a weakness in my abilities? Any help would be great. This is not a new problem, but I'm having an especially hard time with it right now.

Thanks,

Leia
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:56 PM

Memory is either visual, verbal or kinestic (repitition). You may be wired such that your brain is mostly verbal.

Try taking one of these tests at home without the book.

If you have to close your eyes and talk about what you need to say to yourself. Then write cues and now try writing what you said.

It will be tough, but you have to find what works.

Dec 8, 2008, 09:32 PM

Unfortunately, it happens on take home essays as well. In this case it was final project essay. In the class I'm in, it is kind of like a test.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 05:25 AM

Any possibility you can use a voice recorder or record your thoughts on the computer orally and then transcribe the oral presentation?

Dec 9, 2008, 10:27 AM

Hmm, interesting idea. I may try that.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 10:43 AM

I went through it too. Trying to figure out why I was getting poor grades in certain subjects and they did not appear to be related. I listed all the subjects I got a C or worse in from grade school and college and found a memory issue. I could only memorize by repitition.

So, I devised improvements and went from a 1.6 college GPA to a 4.0 GPA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

Blood tests or urine tests? [ 2 Answers ]

I usually have irregular periods. They sometimes come every month, and sometimes a/f doesn't come but every other month. I have never gone three months without a/f. I took 4 pregnant. Tests. All urine home pregnancy tests. They all came out negative. I am wondering if I take a blood test, can...

Hcg tests [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible in the first couple of months of pregnancy to get negative home test results (from several tests) even though you are pregnant?

Divisibility Tests [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a quick test for divisibility by 7? I've mastered the tests for divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 and any composite number beyond 11. I know that a test for 7 exisits and I'd like to know what it is. Thanks.

View more questions Search