Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiggertlg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 07:27 AM
    Work From Home
    Hello,

I am looking for a job I can do from home. I am not looking for a "get rich quick" job. I just need enough money to help pay the bills. I can type & print the pages out, use the internet, do something for mortgage companies with the loan applications, etc... Any suggestions on legitimate companies?
    Thank You!

Tina
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2006, 07:43 AM
    There are some legitimate ones, do a WEB search for Home based business. However there are a LOT of scams. Be wary of any that require money up front.
    Fresno-Nick Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 09:45 PM
    I'm working with a company that let you work from home as a loan officer, I have done pretty good with it... I still work hard, but it beats reporting to some office everyday and driving the same route time after time... I hope that you will give it some though.

May you have a nice day.

Nick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2006, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno-Nick
    I'm working with a company that let you work from home as a loan officer, I have done pretty good with it....I still work hard, but it beats reporting to some office everyday and driving the same route time after time....I hope that you will give it some though.

may you have a nice day.

Nick
    I'm curious, by loan officer, do you mean someone who goes out and finds people to make loans to, or do you take referalls from the lender and process the loans? One of the worst group of spammers is those people soliciting mortgage loans.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2006, 06:01 AM
    My sister in law worked for a few years for a mortgage company at home. It was just a local brokerage. She did all of the loan doctuments and other paperwork that was required. They did this of course as a contract worker so they did not have to pay any benefits, no unemployment taxes and no sociail security taxes either. So by and large compared to actually working in house she earned a lot less.

Also one of my friends who is a priest, his wife does medical transcription at home, she has several doctors and she picks up either their tape or gets the info online somehow, and she types it all out and sends it to them the next day.

In all of these cases they were not working for any national firm or any advertised job but they went out into their little small town and found jobs they could do that way.

And many insurance companies, even the name brand ones, hire people to set up appointments for their agents, you get paid per appointment you get set.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with some ap work [ 5 Answers ]

I'm completely stressed out with all the work that needs to be done over the summer I thought I was moving but I'm not so I have 2 weeks to do a ton of worksome questions I can't get and imhoping someone can help me What efforts were made to strengthen english control over the colonies of the...

Work From Home [ 3 Answers ]

:o hello i'm nursing101 If anyone out there can lead me in the right direction as to how to start my own certified nursing business from home, the help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance' ...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

Some of my work [ 2 Answers ]

Some pointers on my stuff? http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/Der_Konig/Beaauty.jpg I made it on adobe photoshop 7,I don't have much other stuff to display due to a recent computer death *tear* =(

IE doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

IE6 usually worked fine although it'd gone slow lately. But last night when I clicked on the IE icon, which takes me to the default page, it showed the casual "Cannot find page" and then went to this page http://204.177.92.68/rotate/r3.html . It didn't actually go to this page. Just showed the url...

View more questions Search