Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gvbell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 07:11 PM
    2 siblings won't agree to sell home owned jointly by 4 siblings
    I am one of 4 siblings who co-own a lake home that we received from our mother. Two siblings need to sell their share of the property to raise cash, and two siblings refuse to sell the property or buy out the two who wish to sell. Do the two who need to sell their share of the property have any legal recourse to force a buy-out by the two who want to keep the property?

Thanks for your help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2008, 07:47 PM

They can try and take them to court to force it, they will need to get a real estate attoreny

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Siblings and uncle will say get out [ 9 Answers ]

My brother and sister are in my mothers will. We will inherit half the house along with my uncle, my mothers brother. My brother lives in another state. My sister is here in NY. I have been living in the house for the past 30 years along with my mom and uncle. Mom is downstairs. My uncle and me...

Looking for Other Siblings Re: Reamer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not interested in where my biological father is, but I know for a fact I have other siblings that I don't know. I was born in Philadelphia and still live here. I know of 1 other sibling although I've never met him/her. My bio father's name is Raymond Reamer. He supposedly was missing...

Inheritance and siblings [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has terminal cancer and I would like to know since my brothers do not want the home what can I do to put my husband and I on the deed?

How to take care of siblings? [ 2 Answers ]

How to take care of a 8year old old sibling and 6months old sibling at once?:confused:

Sibling refuses to move from/sell home parent left to all 4 siblings [ 2 Answers ]

My mother passed away 6 years ago and willed the family home to her 4 children equally. Three of us have our own homes but brother, never married, has lived most of his 58 years in that home. He does not want to sell and continues to live there (a duplex, 6 rooms each side). He uses one side for...

View more questions Search