Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GAmotherof4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 05:33 AM
    Septic drainage pipe - Where to find?
    We are experiencing a septic drainage situation. Apparently our drainage line is at a "too steep" of an incline and the drainage rushes to the end which doesn't allow proper absorption into the ground. My husband wants to extend the current line using a type of pipe with styrofoam and netting which doesn't require the use of gravel.

My questions are: What is the correct name for this type of pipe? How can I go about looking for some for our little job? Is this method cost-effective? Is this something you would recommend?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 6, 2006, 06:58 AM
    "What is the correct name for this type of pipe? How can I go about looking for some for our little job?"
    I believe you're thinking of a "Infiltration Leach System" Check them out at;
    http://www.thenaturalhome.com/septic.html
    Just scroll down to the left hand picture (Infiltrator Leach Field) and click on it.
    Never having installed one of these systems I can't comment on how cost effective it will be.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nobody can find the septic tank [ 8 Answers ]

We want to pump out the septic tank, but no one can find it. Previous owner doesn't know where it is, and the health department has no record because the house is so old. We've had various plumbers and septic people out to the house, most of which probed the ground with a stick. One guy snaked...

A/C drainage pipe clogged [ 5 Answers ]

The pipe that my ac condensation goes to keeps over filling if the AC is on for a certain amount of time. I assume it is clogged, can I just use a liquid to clean this, thanks.

Washer drainage pipe problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently moved into a house(not new) and put in a washing machine. I have noticed( not like it is hard to miss) that the water very quickly begins backing up out of the drainage pipe and over flows, soaking the dry wall and floor. I believe there was something in the pipe causing a blockage...

Drainage issues [ 3 Answers ]

Various issues to deal with here, I think. Just moved into a 1 1/2 storey duplex. When draining the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink fills up with waste water and both drain very slowly. The two sinks are opposite one another (separated by a wall), so I assume that they are connected to the same...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search