Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Turrokc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Fixing Local Area Connection
    Hi,

In my household, my computer is the one that is connected to the router. Just recently, my internet on all off my family members computers is fine, but mine is not working. There is a message that keeps saying there is a problem with my Local Area Connection, but I have no idea what to do. I can't connect to the internet at all, my Firefox keeps getting errors that says server is not found. I'm not sure how to resolve this and whether this is also a conflict with a firewall.
    speel00 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 8, 2008, 11:29 AM
    You shouldn't have any issues with a firewall if it has been installed the whole time you've used LAN connection. I say disconnect the router and reconnect to it and recreate your internet log in. Best of luck!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Try the easiest fixes first, if you have a spare Cat5 (Ethernet) cable then swap it to see if the cable is the issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Local Area Connection [ 6 Answers ]

I have had my PC for about 2 years now , unfortunately on AOL! I keep getting a "Local Area Connection3" cable is unplugged , which I presume is either my phone line or the usb from my modem?? This is literally every 2 minutes and it's a real pain.. Also AOL is going mad as well , my PC...

Ethernet - Local Area Connection cannot connect. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, Im losing my mind with this computer! My internet from is working fine, but my Ethernet cannot get a connection. On my ethernet Local Area Connection it says status is: Limited or no connectivity. I have read on the net that you can release and renew in start> run, but nothing happens,...

Local area connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently restore my PC system, I have a webstar dpc2100 modem, It was connected before my PC crash, but now I cannot get connected to internet and local area connection is missing, How can setup again this to connect to inetrnet? thanks in advance for your help. :)

Fixing a connection [ 1 Answers ]

I had a working connection to AOL from my laptop,using a netgear wireless adapter. Sumhow it has been messed with (prob kids) but I now can't seem to get a connection back, even when I hook up the home PC ,it just won't allow me to get online,n I've exhausted my options. When I rang the helpline...

Local area network [ 1 Answers ]

How can I access to a computer connected with my computer by lan?

View more questions Search