Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jul 5, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Multimedia Audio Controller
    I had to reinstall Win XP home on my computer. I have an eMachines T3120, Win XP, 1.8 GHZ100MB Hard-Drive, DVD/CDRW, 512MB Ram, NVIDIA Geforce.

This Multimedia Audio Controller come up when I reboot. I assume it is new hardware but I don't have a CD or drivers for it.

Please help?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2006, 12:37 AM
    This "multimedia audio controller" your PC is looking for drivers for is your soundcard. Your best bet is to go to the eMachines support page and look for your PC and it's drivers there:

http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html
    (as I write this area is unavailable but states to try later).

If you know what make of sound card you have, you could try downloading the driver from the sound card manufacturer (e.g. Creative). If you have onboard sound, you would need to go the home page of your motherboards manufacturer.
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jul 7, 2006, 09:19 PM
    LTheobald,

I took your advice and went to the eMachines website and found what brand my soundcard is. Then I put it in Google and BAM! I installed the drivers.

It Works!

Thanks for all your help... Have a great day!
    semroy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dxviii
    I had to reinstall Win XP home on my computer. I have an eMachines T3120, Win XP, 1.8 GHZ100MB Hard-Drive, DVD/CDRW, 512MB Ram, NVIDIA Geforce.

This Multimedia Audio Controller come up when I reboot. I assume it is new hardware but I don't have a CD or drivers for it.

Please help?
    This sait is very uosful me I like this
    semroy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 04:59 AM

Please help?
    My computer is god bat there is nosaunn of spikar
    dpjp107 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 02:11 AM

Please help?
    my sound card is a creative sound blaster live, should I go into the bios setting and disable the onbroad chip, too?

Jul 20, 2007, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LTheobald
    This "multimedia audio controller" your PC is looking for drivers for is your soundcard. Your best bet is to go to the eMachines support page and look for your PC and it's drivers there:

eMachines Support: Product Support and Downloads
    (as I write this area is unavailable but states to try later).

If you know what make of sound card you have, you could try downloading the driver from the sound card manufacturer (e.g. Creative). If you have onboard sound, you would need to go the the home page of your motherboards manufacturer.

I've done that and I'm still getting that multimedia audio controller error message.
    I also downloaded a toolkit and it said that I need "AC '97 Audio controller" will this fix the problem?

Jul 20, 2007, 02:19 AM
    I've done that and I'm still getting that multimedia audio controller error message.
    I also downloaded a toolkit and it said that I need "AC '97 Audio controller" will this fix the problem?
    MaThEwElNeNe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 03:30 AM
    I have a problem with my "multimedia audio controller"
    My computer is built I did it myself with my friend
    The computer works perfectly until I went to control panel
    (add/remove programs) by mistake I deleted the audio
    Driver I didn't noticed until I tried open itunes and it says
    That itunes has detected a problem with my audio configuration
    I tried to uninstall and reinstall it and it ask me for cd which I don't have
    And in device manager I have a big question mark and top of the big
    Question mark I have a little exclamation mark... I don't know what
    Should I do if anyone can help me to download the drivers for my
    Computer I will appreciate it!. thanks for the time

INFO: Microsoft windows XP Media Center Edition 2002
    Service pack 2, Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.2GHz
    512MB of RAM, DVDRW/CDRW ,160GB Hard drive

I don't know what type of motherboard is it but if you need the info and u
    Know how to find it then let me know...
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Mar 19, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaThEwElNeNe
    i have a problem with my "multimedia audio controller"
    my computer is built i did it my self with my friend
    the computer works perfectly until i went to control panel
    (add/remove programs) by mistake i deleted the audio
    driver i didnt noticed until i tried open itunes and it says
    that itunes has detected a problem with my audio configuration
    i tried to uninstall and reinstall it and it ask me for cd which i dont have
    and in device manager i have a big question mark and top of the big
    question mark i have a little exclamation mark.... i dont know what
    should i do if anyone can help me to download the drivers for my
    computer i will appreciate it !!!... thanks for the time

INFO: Microsoft windows XP Media Center Edition 2002
    service pack 2, Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.2GHz
    512MB of RAM, DVDRW/CDRW ,160GB HardDrive

i dont know what type of motherboard is it but if u need the info and u
    know how to find it then let me know....
    If its an onboard soundcard then it would help to know the motherboard model.

You can get your motherboard model if you go to start>all programs>accesories>system tools>system information and look at "system model"

If you built the computer yourself, the motherboard should have come with a cd

Or you can go to windows update, and it will usually detenct your soundcard and install the driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I install my multimedia audio controller? [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: I have the same problem but I have no idea what model/manufacturer my PC is? Now I can't use my speakers! Is there another way I can install it?:confused: Thanks lots!

Multimedia audio/video controller [ 1 Answers ]

On my device manager, under "Other devices", It says that the drivers for the Multimedia audio controller and video controller (VGA compatible) are not found. At the same time, there is no sound on my computer even with the speakers on. I'm assuming it's because of the misssing audio controller...

Multimedia audio controller [ 5 Answers ]

I guess I deleted something that I shouldn't have off my compter... now I have nooooooo sound. Its driving me crazy.. I've tried to fix it myself but I cantt.. ive looked at forums.. I went to a lot of websites to download the drivers.. I went to the device manager thing and I see the yellow...

I removed my multimedia audio controller in error [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have removed my multimedia audio controller in error, I do not have the disc to re install it. So can you please advise as to how I can install it again? Thanks

Missing multimedia audio controller drivers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi experts I recently reinstalled windows xp. Under devise manager I have the yellow? Flag on the "multimedia audio controller" under "other devises." I have tried to reinstall the driver by clicking on the yellow item, but that has not worked. I have gone to dell to download drivers...

View more questions Search