Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    volez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2006, 06:22 PM
    Basement Floor Drain Question
    I am in need of moving my current floor drain to the other side of a framed wall I just built to keep it in the same room as my hot water heater (per code) The current one will be sealed off.

I can tap into the same line as it will be closer to the gray water crock. My question is, When I do tap in, Do I need to put a P trap or j trap in the drain?

Can I get by with a 90 elbow?

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 6, 2006, 05:46 AM
    "Do I need to put a P trap or j trap in the drain?"

Set your mind at ease floor drains come with a built in trap,(see image).
    Good luck, Tom
    volez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 07:18 AM
    Thanks Tom. This will make my life very easy now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Floor Drain Back Up [ 3 Answers ]

House is a one storey with finished basement (older) it has a floor drain in front of the washer/dryer , and it has been backing up. Two months ago we had some issues with the drain in which the water level was almost to the top of the drain(floor level)and during washing clothes soap bubbles would...

Basement floor drain backs up [ 5 Answers ]

We recently had a problem with our basement floor drain backing up when we took a shower or used the washer. We paid $350.00 for someone to come roto-rooter the main sewer line out to the street. He used the trap next to the basement stairs inside to clean out. He pulled out a ton of roots and ran...

Basement floor drain [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and wish to install a basement shower and use the existing floor drain in the basement to connect the shower basin drain to it. Is that OK to do? What problems might I encounter? How do I know if one exists? If none exists, what are the code requirements? The house was built...

Slow basement floor drain [ 1 Answers ]

It all started with an unplugged sump pump. As far as I can tell there has been about 4 inches of water in this basement for a really long time. The sump wouldn't start when plugged in, so I rented a pump and drained from the sump well. What remained was a dark greyish sludge that smelled...

Basement floor drain [ 1 Answers ]

My basement floor has no floor drain. I am concerned that if there is a water event like a hot water heater rupture the basement will flood. What is the best way to install a floor drain for the basement? I have busted up some of the slab because I am adding a bathroom in the basement. Have you...

View more questions Search