Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J. A. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2006, 06:17 PM
    White marks on mahogany
    I just purchased a mahogany table at an estate sale. It has white marks on the top, probably water marks.
    Does anyone have suggestions for getting them out?
    Thank you!
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jul 7, 2006, 04:10 PM
    I wouldn't try to remove it. I would restain it with mahogany stain for wood. You may need 2 coats. I did that to a stained cedar chest & made it look new.
    Oh yea, wear those gloves cause it stains everything!
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jul 8, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J. A.
    I just purchased a mahogany table at an estate sale. It has white marks on the top, probably water marks.
    Does anyone have suggestions for getting them out?
    Thank you!
    how about try remove them with 0000 steel wool
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 18, 2006, 02:44 AM
    Hi J.A.
    If it's a finished table (lacquered) and they are in fact water stains, I have read that they can be removed with either toothpaste or mayonaise -- though I'm not sure the exact science behind this, and have never personally tried either. Definitely don't use either though if the wood does not have a finish to it.
    Hope this helps. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of red marks on my face? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello to all, I would like to seek your help because I have few pimples on my face but it was already healed. The problem now, it had left a red marks on my face and I noticed it never faded out. How can I cure it? Is there any creams that can fade out red marks without peeling? I am from the...

Stretch marks [ 7 Answers ]

I have stretch mark on my hips,arms,shoulders,belly,and behind my knees. I was wondering if and one used something to clear them out that has worked before?

Carpet marks [ 1 Answers ]

Can some tell me how to get rid of carpet lines left by heavy furniture? I moved stuff around, but I have these marks that do not look good. Any help would be appreciated

Red marks and spreading [ 14 Answers ]

My legs are covered in red marks. Not dots, or bumps. Just ugly red marks all over my legs. It looks real ugly like if I have a disease. They started appearing a little before Easter and now they are dark and spreading. Not itchy or burning. No symptoms as a matter of fact. My husband...

View more questions Search