Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Dec 7, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Tell us about your brush with a celebrity
    Is there anyone out there who's got an interesting story to tell about meeting a celeb/entertainer and is keen to share? I enjoy hearing about these kind of things - bumped into... at a restaurant/met... at the beach. Something like that? Sadly I have no exciting encounters myself. Feel free to share.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 02:33 PM

I know you posted earlier about this, but sadly, living in a small town, east of Toronto does not allow me to bump into anyone other then the locals, but we do have some wonderful eateries around here. I am far to busy, and thankful to get out of the cold after work!

Sorry, mop.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 02:38 PM

Well I met snoop doggy dog. Someone I would never really care to meet, but I find him intrigueing in ways.

He was standing outside surrounded by a bunch of screaming females. I walk up to him and simply say it was nice to meet him and give him a smile and shook his hand.

He just looked at me and smiled back and shook my hand. I took his attention away from all the screaming girls...

Dec 7, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Phew! At least I didn't get deleted. Not sure what happened to my last post, must have been a booboo that I done :o. I know what you mean, I'm too busy on the computer to be rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous lol! Only brush I ever have is the one for the mop on my head :D

Dec 7, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps [QUOTE
    I took his attention away from all the screaming girls...
    He was probably grateful to you for that split second lol! Thanks for sharing! :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar View Post
    Phew! At least I didn't get deleted. Not sure what happened to my last post, must have been a booboo that I done :o. I know what ya mean, I'm too busy on the computer to be rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous lol! Only brush I ever have is the one for the mop on my head :D
    You go Mop!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 03:41 PM
    I got to meet Corin Robinson a football player for the Seattle Seahawks;) (we were there for the game) He became my fave player after that... went to his table and asked for his autograph... and had no idea I was surrounded by all the other players... hahahahah At the game I was sitting so close to the line where he stood to wait to get in the game and I said "hey Corin... he said hi back, you I was cool;)
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 03:45 PM

Oh... went to lake havasu one year. We stayed at the nautical inn. Adam corolla was there too (from loveline, the manshow).

Me and a bunch of friends went to his room. Don't remember how we ended up there. It was him and the filming crew and other workers I guess.

I expected him to be outgoing and talkative to new people, but he wasn't. :(

Dec 7, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Ha, Southern's a groupie! Maybe he wasn't interested in talking.. :o (hint hint) :D

Starty, you way too cool to touch now! :D
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 04:18 PM

Talking about sex? Nah... he is not my type. His teeth are too big... hehehehehe.;)
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

Dec 7, 2008, 07:24 PM

I met tony parker (he plays for the san antonio spurs) at Chuck E Cheeze, you know the kids pizza place. Lol. It was the first year he was with the spurs and he came in with a whole bunch of his friends, and they were all speaking french. It was really funny to see a grown man there. This was way before he met eva longoria

Dec 7, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Chuck e cheeze! Maybe it was an indication of how much they were getting paid. :D
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 08:41 PM

Well first before I tell you you have to understand that my teenage idol was Donny Osmond. I LOVED this guy. I still do.. I know I am a nerd.

Anyway when I was in my teens I pined after him, bought all his records, stayed home even in High School on Friday nights just to watch his stupid TV show. I mean I had it bad. Then he got married... So anyway in my 20's I go to the state fair and I have no idea who the entertainment was going to be. I was sitting in the bleachers and what do you know.. it was my Donny. I was enjoying his show and suddenly he gets off stage and sings all the way through the crowd and jumps into the bleachers. I KNEW he was headed to me. Well, honestly I was SCARED I wasn't one of those screaming morons I tried to have some class. I stepped back away from him but he kept coming.. he stopped singing his song and kissed me. The GREATEST part of it was that someone in the audience took a picture of it and mailed it to me. So there you go... Donny Osmond laid one on me.

Dec 7, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Thanks for sharing Classy. We should start a poll as to how long before you washed the spot he kissed lol! I say 3 months. ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 09:46 PM

Let me see, I was a friend of Loretta Lynn's daughter in law, and watched her grandson in my office before. Would see her at town from time to time.

I was one of Jimmy Carters body guards after 9/11 when he did some events in Atlanta.

I mad Hank Arron mad when I was parked in his personal parking space at Turner Field when I was doing some work there early one morning.

Dec 8, 2008, 02:20 AM
    Gee makes you sound really old when you say Jimmy Carter and Loretta Lynn lol! (I'm sure you're as young as a 21 year old at heart right? Hehe) Speaking of body guards. I knew a guy years ago from Iran who's brother was one of Sly Stallones personal guards when he was filming in that area and he showed us a photo of the two of them. Yikes he's short as!
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 8, 2008, 08:06 AM

I did some construction work at Billy Joel's house on Long Island. I am a huge fan and was very excited. The first day I did not see him, but the front door opened at 11:00 am and a man came out, got into a car and drove away, he came back around a half hour later with lunch for us from Billy Joel. The next day we got started early, around 6:30 am. Around 8:30 am the front door opened and Billy Joel was standing there watching us. He had a huge cup of coffee and he looked like he had been partying all night. He said, " You guys start early". Then around 11:00 am the same guy left the house and came back with lunch for us, but he brought it into the house. About 15 minutes later he came and got us and we went into the back yard and ate lunch with Billy Joel on his back patio. He was an extremely down to earth guy. I will never forget that day.

Dec 8, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Wow 1099, dining with the stars huh. Awesome! :cool:
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 02:54 PM

I bumped into Princess Maragaret once, literally...

When I was in London about 15 years ago I was invited to a showing of some new china patterns that Lord Linley (Margaret's son) had introduced. I was looking at a display, stepped back, and "boom" backed right into Princess Margaret. Being an ignorant American, I did not recognize her. But my wife did, and was aghast. She has never let me forget it.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Due to the nature of my work as an event planner I have had a chance to interact with many celebrities and athletes. To name a few: Julia Roberts, Mel Gibson, Celine Dion, Johnny Depp, Matt Dillon, Kate Moss, Jon Bon Jovi, Halle Berry, Jimmy Buffet...

But the most memorable/embarassing moment for me was an occasion with Mick Jaggar. I was running a multi level party in Manhattan when I heard that he had just entered the building. I wanted a chance to get a look at him before he really go into the party. I was standing at the top of the 2nd floor stairs, about to go to the 1st floor to check him out when someone called my name. I turned around (back to the stairs) and said "hold on, I have to get downstairs and check out The Mick". When I spun back around to run downstairs, I literally bumpded into Mick Jagger who was waiting for me to step aside so that he could enter the party. :o:o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a brush off? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a date one week ago with a guy I had met on one of the online dating sites. I thought we had a great date. Good conversation and I felt we had a connection. 2 days later he emails me and tells me he is sorry he hasn't called but this and that is going on and he will give me a call. That was 3...

Celebrity funding [ 1 Answers ]

How do you find information to contact a celbrity to ask if they would be willing to support your event?

Celebrity clothes [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know who the designer or where I could find Mandy Moore's Beige Dress @ "The Mexican" Premiere, Mandy Moore's White 2 piece swim suit on cover of YM May 2001 Issue, Mandy Moore's Thin White Sweater (kind of see-through) with Spaghetti Strap (underneath) when re-recording for a scene...

Celebrity heights [ 0 Answers ]

What are the heights of Joanna Going, Lisa Eichhorn, and Melanie (70s singer)?

In love... with a celebrity... need help... [ 5 Answers ]

I have a confession to make. I have an undying longing to meet Brenda Song (disney channel actress, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) but its more than a longing, it's a passion, an obsession. I dream of meeting her and talking to her, and just staring into her eyes... Anyway, my friends tell...

View more questions Search