Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neillsong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2004, 12:30 PM
    Stomach Problems
    Okay. I am 22 years old, and have severe problems with eating and my stomach. Ever since I was little, I have had severe stomach aches every night. EVERY night before I go to bed, my stomach just kills me. So my mother took me to doctor after doctor and all they said is that I was stressed out. At 6 years old?

Anyway, the problems persist, only they are now a bit different. I have no appetite. I eat around 800-1000 calories a day, simply because I would have to force myself to eat more than that - I am never hungry. I can crave a certain food all day, go home and cook a gourmet meal for myself and my husband, and then feel sick to my stomach when I think about eating the food. At random times when I DO force myself to eat, I often throw up afterward. Please do not misunderstand me, this is not intentional - I am not sticking my fingers down my throat or anything, I just feel ill and have to run to the bathroom. The thing is, it is not stress-induced, either. It is quite random as far as what foods affect me or what time of day it happens.

I have now seen 3 different doctors for these issues, and all of them have had the same response: "You should feel lucky for having such a small appetite!!" No one seems to understand or care that this is affecting my life, in that I DON'T EAT.

Please offer some kind of advice, someone!
    Thanks!
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 30, 2004, 08:16 PM
    Stomach Problems
    You could be suffering from anorexia nervosa or something similar even though you don't feel that you have "issues" with your weight/appearance or with eating food. In which case, you should go see a psychiatrist about medicinal and homeopathic remedies to your small appetite.

If there is a physiological cause to your small appetite it could be your not producing enough thyroid hormone or your hypothalamus is out of whack. In either event, I recommend seeing a shrink and discussing your problems so that you can get your life back on track.

Good luck and good eating!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage stomach problems [ 2 Answers ]

My teenage daughter has been complaining about unusal problems. She often feels sick after eating. Her stools are also mushy (they don't stick together properly) and have large identifiable bits of food in them. I am afraid her stomach is not digesting her food properly or there is a dietary...

Stomach Problems [ 5 Answers ]

I have been getting an upset stomach for several years, but the catch is it only comes at night when Im lying down, next day Im up and fine just to do it all over again the next night. What is this?:(

Stomach Problems! [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I had the stumach flu about 2 months ago, my stomach has been reacting very differently. Throughout each day I usually have a small pain in my stomach, and when I start to think about my stomach it starts hurting worse; or when I get nervous about something, it gets to my stomach and I...

Stomach Problems [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 year old daughter has severe stomach aches... her doctors have found nothing physically wrong after x-rays, CT scans, blood work etc... Every night for the past week she is in great pain, also during the day but not as bad. Has anyone had a simillar problem? Please help. Thanks Bob

View more questions Search