Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madavan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 05:35 AM
    To Build a body strength
    Hi,

I wanted to know how to increase body strength and look. I wanted to build my body with in 6 month.Advise me the Kinds of foods needed to be taken.

I am an 22 year guy with 6 feet tall and I am only 55 kg.I tried to build the body but can't able to do that.Please advice me to improve my body.
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Dec 7, 2008, 07:57 AM

Go to gnc or whatever your local supplement store is and buy whey protein and if you really want to build up your look faster get creatine ( I don't take it but I know people that do) and after that you'll need a work out routine I do the arnold routine which you can Google and find. But really there are many routines that are excellent that you can find online. If you really want to get big fast id recomment a personal trainer at least for a few times. They can help you get a work out routine together and show you the correct way to do your lifts
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 12:50 PM
    I posted the following in a previous thread asking for suggestions for strength and body shaping workouts.

If you look at the routines of well known bodybuilders, you'll see all kinds of patterns. Some do 8 reps, some more, some less. Many switch over time.

You should be adding progressively heavier weight over time, but you also need good form. More weight with bad technique isn't better for you.

But what is your goal? Is it size? Stength? 8-12 reps is a common bodybuilding range. For power go with fewer, heavier reps.

For ex, determine the heaviest weight you can lift one time. Then try 75% of this for bodybuilding in 8-12 reps. You might try a higher % for strength building, like 80-85% with 3-5 reps. So think about your goal... strength comes from a higher weight, low reps... form comes from a little less weight, more reps...

As for number of sets, do more sets for the bigger groups, back, chest, etc... and fewer sets for smaller groups like biceps. If you are doing more than 6 sets for biceps in a split workout, you aren't using enough weight... whereas the back can take more than 8 sets, as it's a bigger group of muscles.

Also, let your body rest. Train a muscle group with high intensity every 4-7 days. Too much too often is not better. For ex, a common split routine that separates out different muscle groups:

Day 1: chest, biceps
    Day 2: back, abs
    Day 3: off (cardio only or complete rest)
    Day 4: shoulders, triceps
    Day 5: quads, hamstrings, calves
    Day 6: off (cardio only or complete rest)
    Day 7:repeat cycle

Here you are doing more sets within each group with reps to failure or short of it. You can also combine small muscle and big muscle days if you want to and have the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Static electricity build up on the body [ 3 Answers ]

How can the build up of static electricity be avoided? Is the only way to dissipate it to ground oneself out and suffer that electrical shock from the discharge?

Concrete Strength [ 1 Answers ]

Does fast drying concrete (the type that sets up in 10 min.) effect the strength and durability of the concrete?

Strength needed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Like many I am currently going through divorce.Sadly as a lot of people find this means that your support / friends disappear so really just looking for people that are going through the same in order to support each other

Strength training [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, can anyone help? I just got some free weights, and I need to come up with a workout regime that I can do at home. I don't have a bench, and everything I keep finding at the store includes excercises requiring a bench, so I have to leave out most of the workout, I am so frustrated! Can...

The Strength of Samson [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Samson lost his power when his hair was cut, why? Take care, Hope12 :o

View more questions Search