Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pumpkinjojo Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 04:01 AM
    Sore back tooth?
    I have had teeth problems all my life. Probably due to my dry skin I have all over me outside/inside (ezcma). Ive had so many fillings done over the years. I drink one coffee every morning, brush my teeth 5 times a day, it never goes white. I want to know why? I have tried all the whitening products it never works. Except for the dental doing the work but costing like $400 - $500 to do the work. I want something simple. Free or at least cheap to fix.

My back tooth is so sore, its making half my mouth sore. I think it's the wisdom because I can see a swollen gum way at the back. What can I do, I get like 30 fillings a year.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 06:59 PM

First you have to take a good close look at your diet. How much sugar do you consume in a day? It would be interesting to see a 3 day food intake record from you.

If you have had any white fillings done in your front teeth, NO bleaching product will whiten them.

As for the back tooth, rinse with warm water and salt (1/4 tsp. salt in 1/4 cup warm water) as often as possible. You should have your dentist take a look.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 07:23 PM

In a previous post you said you smoked and drank, this can account for staining. And perhaps some of your dental issues. I now you can get sealants on your teeth to protect from cavities. I'm sure it would be cheaper than all the dental work you are getting done

Dec 7, 2008, 11:20 PM

Yeah but I didn't drink and smoke when I was growing up with dental problems. What are sealants?

Sugar- no... I only have 1 teaspoon of sugar in my coffee daily. I brush my teeth all the time after food. Always have. What do you mean by a 3 day food intake and send it to u?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 02:19 PM

Sugar you put in coffee is one thing, what about things like breads, crackers, jams/jellies, catsup, juice, pop, dried fruit, cereal, candies, etc. These all have sugar in them.
    Keep a 3 day food intake, copy it to a private message and I will take a look to see if I can see anything that might be causing your decay problems.

Dec 8, 2008, 08:41 PM

I use raw sugar for my coffee. I don't eat bread much. I don't have craxkers, jams jelly, catsup, pop, dried fruit, cereal candies at all... I use no sugar juice.

What you mean by 3 day food intake? Like what?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:42 PM

Keep a food journal for three days. Write down everything you eat and drink and send it to flossie
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 10, 2008, 08:08 AM

Raw sugar in your coffee? That might be your problem... switch to synthetic sweetener... chew sugarless gum, brush, floss, and see the dentist

Dec 10, 2008, 08:51 PM

It wouldn't make a different because I brush my teeth after coffee. Okay I will write what I eat etc.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 11, 2008, 11:52 PM

The plaque is still between your teeth... lay off the sugar, or brush AND floss after you drink coffee with sugar

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hole behind my bottom back left tooth halfway between the gum and cheek [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hole maybe one millimeter in diamater It goes down quite far I can't see all the way in But it is clean inside Its just a hollow area But it looks like a fresh wound I just ate a snickers and I felt some pain So I looked in the mirror It looks like a worm burrowed down into my...

Sore tooth [ 8 Answers ]

My dentist removed a very old filling and replaced it with a new white one. He said I had a cavity in the tooth and it needed to be done. The tooth NEVER bothered me until he took out the old filling and put in the new one. It then felt like I had a cavity. After approx. three weeks I went...

Sore upper back.can't stand up straight [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a cough since about May and just think it is allergies and take zirtec everyday but today my back has starting hurting right under my sholder blade every time I take a deep breath or stand up... anyone know what this could be from?

Sore back [ 4 Answers ]

I have a very sore lower back, is their anything I can soak it in to take out some of the soreness

Wisdom tooth and sore throat [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday my lower right wisdom tooth started hurting. It was so bad that tensing my jaw in any way, eating and talking hurt. When I got up this morning my throat was (and still is) very sore, it hurts to swallow and when itry and open my mouth it hurts, and feels Very stiff. Is this normal or am I...

View more questions Search