Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loracgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 02:15 AM
    Roommate not paying her bills
    Hi,

I signed a 1-year lease with the landlord, and the landlord agreed that I can find a roommate, but she doesn't want to add her on the lease.. which is fine, so I found a roommate and signed a roommate agreement with this person.

The electricity bills are in my name, and cable bills are in her name. In the roommate agreement, it said all bills will be split 50/50. So I've been paying my bills, and every month she keeps saying the bills are the same amount, so she doesn't need to pay me back. I just found out she hasn't been her bills at all.

Can I ask her to leave because she violated the roommate agreement by not paying me back my share of my bills and lying to me about paying hers?
    loracgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 02:19 AM

By the way.. this is in RI.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Hello l:

You have to evict her according to your states landlord tenant law. We have a copy right here at the top of the real estate page.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old roommate didn't pay bills and I took out of her deposit [ 2 Answers ]

So I got an apartment on my own in NYC and only I am on the lease. I paid first month, last month, security, and broker fee to move in. in the mean time I got a roommate then she moved out. Then I got a new roommate that paid her first month rent and a security deposit. Not to the landlord but for...

Paying bills after dying [ 4 Answers ]

My brother died without a will. He has a simple estate, valued less than $15000.00. He also has about $25,000.00 in equity in his home, which will be sold. He had some hospital bills, and owed about $7000.00 in overdraft protection on his checking account. Is he responsible for repaying out of his...

After giving a 30 day notice is that roommate responsible for bills? [ 4 Answers ]

Good Morning, My Best Friend/Roommate gave me her 30 day notice on Jan 3rd. Since then she has only been here once to pack her stuff. In the Meantime, I have received the bills that need to be paid for December and January. Isn't she responsible for her portion whether she is here or not? I need...

Paying medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with my medical bills. My husband had to have surgery but we were in between insurances. We do have it now. There are the hospital plus doctor and anesthesiologist and others and its over 50,0000 and its killing us with the other household bills. Were starting to fall behind on...

Paying bills [ 1 Answers ]

Hey can they trun my hydro off if I am making pay ments?

View more questions Search