Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanderzj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Oxygen sensor
    My sons 04 vw jetta has intermitent idleing issues was told it is mass air flow sensor or o2 sensor any thoughts?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 03:34 PM

Begin by attaching a code reader to the Data Link Connector, under the dash, and check for any codes. Your Jetta is pretty new to have problems with either of these sensors.

If necessary, here's how to clean the MAF Sensor:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1377134
    paulkramer Posts: 181, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey View Post
    Begin by attaching a code reader to the Data Link Connector, under the dash, and check for any codes. Your Jetta is pretty new to have problems with either of these sensors.

If necessary, here's how to clean the MAF Sensor:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1377134
    A LOT of Acura RSX owners have replaced their primary O2 sensors, some with < 30K miles on the clock... I've been much luckier with mine, 80K on the original sensors. Well, I assume they're original - I bought the car used at 35K.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oxygen Sensor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 GL automatic. Can you tell me how "many" oxygen sensors this type of car has and where each one is located on my car?

Oxygen sensor socket [ 1 Answers ]

Does a 7/8 socket work for a kia sephia ox sensor. It dosen't seem to fit. Are they all the same size?

Oxygen Sensor [ 2 Answers ]

I had the oxygen sensor replaced in my 2002 Nissan Altima two days ago. The service engine soon light still has not went off. Does anybody know how to reset it or if it will reset on its own?

Oxygen sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Good day all of you I am having problem with my oxygen sensor on my Honda civic 98 EX it comes with 4 wires. I went to see the price of it, at the dealer, and I was chocked from it, they told me 185 .00$ each. That is why I am looking to buy a universal one, it cost a lot less money, but my...

View more questions Search