Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkeyinpa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Closet flange installation
    I am ready to install the toilet in my basement bathroom. The stibup is sticking through the concrete floor, but so it the top of the flange on the elbow below the floor. The contractor did not put a styrofoam sleeve arounf the pipe.

I understand that I need to cut the stubup off flush with the finished floor. Can I use a closet flange that fits inside the stubup, and should it be glued to the stubup? The pipe is pvc.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Hi TkeyinPA:

You want to cut the pipe flush with the floor and then install either a TWIST AND SET flange (see pic. #1) or a SET AND COMPRESS flange (see pic. #2).

The twist and set just gets pushed down into pipe and rubber gets compressed to seal. The set and compress has screws on the inside of the flange that get screwed down to pull the rubber up to create a compression seal against the pipe.

Both will work inside the pipe and neither type needs to be glued.

Only one type or the other will be available at home depot. A local plumbing supply house will probably have both kinds.

Use tapcon screws with drill bit to screw the flange into the concrete floor.

Let me know if need more here...

MARK
    Attached Images

mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 05:49 PM

This is great. Never seen these before. You can bet ill get a couple for stock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hole in floor is larger than closet flange, and the flange may be too low [ 3 Answers ]

We recently put down ceramic tile in one of our bathrooms. A friend of ours did the job for almost nothing, as he had most of the required supplies left over from another job, including tile. Now there is water leaking from the base of the toilet. After scouring the DIY sites on the internet, I...

How do I attach closet flange spacer over old flange [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a new tile floor in my bathroom, and in doing so, raised the level of the floor. I went out and purchased a closet flange spacer kit and it came with the spacer and two rubber gaskets. I need to know how to attaché these. So I put the first gasket on, then the spacer, then do I...

Closet Flange [ 12 Answers ]

I have seen quite a few questions regarding closet flanges but not exactly what I have going on. The toilet in my first floor bathroom has been leaking from the base so I decided to take the opportunity to update the entire bathroom. After removing the toilet I was shocked to find no closet...

Offset Closet Flange Installation [ 1 Answers ]

Installing a toilet in a new basement bathroom. Center of 4: PVC drain pipe is 13.5" from the wall, so I tried to use an offset flange, made by Oatey Caspers. It was a snug fit, so I did some sanding with sandpaper and emery cloth, applied the cement and tapped it down, but could not get it in...

View more questions Search