Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendy davies Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Trying to trace a friend
    Does anyone know the whereabouts of Jenny (née) Cheadle who lived in Gunnislake, Cornwall, in the early 1970s and earlier? We were both students in the French department at the University of Bristol from 1969 to 1972. She married soon after graduating and may have taken her husband's surname (which I don't know). Gunnislake was her parents' home, and they and/or other members of the Cheadle family may still be living there. Would be grateful for any info that might lead to renewing contact with a friend I didn't mean to lose touch with.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 5, 2006, 06:52 AM
    These are the only Cheadles I can locate in Cornwall.

B Cheadle Chilcomb, Jubilee Hill, Pelynt
    C.S Cheadle 20, Shackleton Drive, Newquay
    L Cheadle Higherlands, Toadpit Lane, West Hill
    R.F Cheadle Lechmere, Yeoland Lane, Yelverton

Alternatively contact the community @

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/l/Gunnislake.html

Good Luck

And:

Cheadle Colin R Jubilee Hill Pelynt, Looe, Cornwall, PL132-JZ
    Cheadle J Beach Road East 9 Suffolk, Felixstowe, IP117-LD
    Cheadle J George Street 6 St Albans, Markyate, Herts, AL3 8-JX

Jul 5, 2006, 07:42 AM
    This is really kind - thank you so much. As there are so few Cheadles in Cornwall I'll contact them all.

All the best to you.

Jul 5, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Thanks,

If those contacts don't pan out. In many cases a wedding takes place in the brides parish. It may be worthwhile contacting the local registry office of births deaths marriages and tracing her that way.

Let me know how you get on.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 5, 2006, 07:50 AM
    Another source is the school's Alumni Association. Also check out classmates.com (not sure if they cover the UK or if there is a UK equivalent.

Jul 5, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Another source is the school's Alumni Association. Also check out classmates.com (not sure if they cover the UK or if there is a UK equivalent.

Good Call Scott.

There is also a similar website www.friendsreunited.com

Jul 6, 2006, 01:35 AM
    Cheadle, Jennifer J married a Wintle, Frank V. at Tavistock sometime between July - September 1972.

Wintle Frank, Falcondale Road 185, Bristol, BS9 3-JJ Tel: 0117 950 0782

There are a couple of other Franks, 1 in Newcastle and 1 in Manchester

Good Luck

Jul 6, 2006, 03:43 AM
    I thought I'd sent a message earlier this morning but may have deleted it by mistake.

I'm sure Jenny's husband's name was Frank, so this looks really hopeful. When you say there are two other Franks (in Newcastle and Manchester) presumably you mean 2 other Frank Wintles. Is that right?

I'll write to the Bristol one tonight and let you know what the response is. Meanwhile, many thanks again.

Jul 6, 2006, 04:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy davies
    I'm sure Jenny's husband's name was Frank, so this looks really hopeful. When you say there are two other Franks (in Newcastle and Manchester) presumably you mean 2 other Frank Wintles. Is that right?
    Yes, if you need name/number post and I'll see what I can do.

Good Luck

Jul 6, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Thanks a lot. If no go with Bristol, I'd be grateful for more assistance!

Enjoy the sun.

Wendy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper way to trace electrical circuits [ 4 Answers ]

Recently, we replaced our old Pushmatic Breaker panel with a GE unit. Now I can get new breakers without having to buy them off E-Bay. Being a cheap Ba**rd, er I mean Frugal, I saved $50 by tracing the electrical circuits myself instead of having the electrician do it. Since I had to do it, and...

Trace a number using computer.. [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, Please help me to trace a number on computer, while the call is coming on the phone. How I can trace this number using our computer. Example I am live in a house. I have a phone. I want to get all the numbers , which my phone recives acll from outside. I want it the computer...

Trace IP [ 12 Answers ]

Is there such thing as an app that traces an IP to a physical location? You know... like in the movies? I've tried a few that get it down to the city, but no further. Is there such a thing? Thanks!

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Artist from 1/26/06 Without a Trace [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the singer who sang the song You Are Not Alone on the January 26th episode of Without a Trace? Does anyone know who that was?

View more questions Search