Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2011, 07:44 AM
    Pint Noir is the grape of red Burgundy, so that would be your best bet.
    I would avoid the Rhones and Bordeaux.
    The Beaujolias is Gamay and a lighter.

The Burgundies listed are serious stuff and WILL cost a small fortune.
    Domain de la Romanee Conti (DRC) is thought of as the greatest of all the Burgundy producers.
    tloinnc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 11:09 AM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    Thank you very much for your help. Can you think of any good Burgundies that you would suggest? Under the 250.00 US range.
    Gp184 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 09:01 AM
    My friend is looking for info about this bottle of wine. She says most of the label is gone but is does say it's from 1879.
    Here is the link. Hope it works.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
    bbbyby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2011, 04:12 PM
    I've a question regarding a few bottles I came across in my house randomly. I can't seem to find any information about them online so I was wondering if you could tell me what you know? One is a Chenin Blanc 1989 from Windsor Vineyards in Sonoma County. The other is a French Colombard from the same place and same year. Thanks in advanced!
    kcrouch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Hi, this is the first time I've posted here.

I drink a lot of red wine from all over the world and my wife and I get pretty geeky about it. One aroma that we commonly recognize with quality blends, often from Bordeaux, but sometimes from Languedoc, Napa, and Washington can only be described by us as "oysters" or "seaweed", so its definitely a savory aroma. As common as this is in our experience, I rarely if ever read wine reviews where this aroma is described in this manner.

So, what are the experts calling this aroma? Nearest thing to it that I can come up with is herbs like thyme or marjoram that are often referenced by experts.
    allymoira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 12:43 PM
    I have 2 small girls born in 2005/2008. I would like to buy a case of wine that will last and can be opened much later (college graduation, wedding, etc). Can you recommend a reasonably priced wine that will allow them to sit in my cellar for some time and still be good to open when the time is right? Ideally this would be more symbollic and I am not looking to break the bank on buying these 2 cases.

Thanks in advance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

What qualifies an expert witness? How is an expert qualified and who qualifies him? [ 3 Answers ]

What qualifies an expert witness? How is an expert qualified and who qualifies him?

Wine Value [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how much a 1972 magnum of Rothschild Mouton-Cadet Bordeaux is worth? Any ideas?

View more questions Search