Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shezee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Troubleshooting luxaire heating and air
    Our furnace will not come on all the time. When it does it makes a humming sound outside and nothing happens. We tried changing the thermostat,but, that doesn't work. If by some small chance that it does come on with warm air it won't last long. Can you give me something to try. I can't afford a new furnace right now.:confused::(
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 12:27 PM

(quote)When it does it makes a humming sound outside and nothing happens

YOU SAY OUTSIDE,are you talking about a package heat/air where everything sits outside? Or have you got a heatpump that's not starting up,, tell us more info so we can help,, do more go outside and try and pinpoint exactly where the humming is coming from. If it a heatpump could be a contacter, maybe a capictor,, we need more info
    tromar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 05:42 PM
    The thermostat clicks on the pilot, the pilot lights up, won't lite the rest of the burners... and goes click, click, click... and now we have no heat
    Justin Orr Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 05:53 PM

Does the fan turn on, can you feel cold air blowing out of your vents?

Where you see the pilot light, is it burning onto a little rod? If so, that's a flame sensor and it won't allow the gas valve to open if it doesn't detect a pilot flame is ready. It might be dirty, its common that over time they need a cleanin'
    tromar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 06:01 PM

Fan does not turn on and were vaccuming it out now
    Justin Orr Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 03:59 PM

I'm glad you're vacuuming up but what I meant is that little sensor may be dirty. Its very sensitive. Can you tell if it looks charred or dirty?
    bradsmith6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 07:26 AM
    I recently bought my home a few months ago. I am turning my AC Luxaire unit on for the first time. Air is coming out of the vents (but not cold air) and the outside unit it working. I turned down my thermostat to 70 degrees and just air (not cold air) is blowing out. What can I do?
    bradsmith6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 07:27 AM

I recently bought my home a few months ago. I am turning on my AC Luxaire unit for the first time. Normal air is blowing out of the vents. I turned the thermostat down to 70 degrees on Cool and checked the outside unit to see if it was running (it works). Air (not cold) is blowing. How can I fix?
    kwoods73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 08:35 AM
    I have an older luxaire furnace maybe 10 plus years, the fan turns on sometimes it will blow heat but most times it comes on blows cold air and stays on for a while most of the time we have to turn the switch to off to shut off the blower, when watching the flame through the window on the furnace it will light up, flame will come on temporarily then goes right out, at times the flame will stay on and heat will blow out what could be causing this?
    chuck s 13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 08:58 AM
    Have a luxaire heating & air conditioning unit model #php042h1321a the exterior fan does not come on but blower fan blowing air we are getting no heat any ideas on what problem could be
    jr hot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 09:57 AM
    We have a Luxaire AC unit and the when turned air comes from the vents but cold only for a short bit. The fan motor for the unit doesn't come on it had been hot so I replaced the motor but same problem the fanmotor for the unit still doesn't come on. Any ideas what to do next?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2013, 11:43 AM
    Did u replace the capacitor with a new one to match the new motor?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2013, 11:49 AM
    The outside fan motor or the blower motor in the furnace??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating & Cooling Maintenance, Repair & Troubleshooting FAQ from NortherHeat [ 57 Answers ]

Check out these tips and explanations, below, from our Heating and Cooling Expert. Of course, you're also welcome to post questions to this board for more information: Just click the "Ask about Heating & Air Contidioning" button at the top of the page.

Luxaire air con [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We moved into a new house and there was no instruction manual left for the old luxaire heat pump/air conditioner. We can't figure it out- it blows cold air despite being set on 21o, it sometimes runs warm then will drop to 14o and refuse to move, it has 4 remote settings, a sun, a...

Luxaire Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace at our second home runs the fan but no heat comes out. This does not happen all the time. Can be a problem because we are not here all the time

Old Luxaire condenser fan has gone bad [ 3 Answers ]

'76 Luxaire res unit, model EEC048FAB, sercial 195103002440, with condenser fan motor from Electric Motors and Specialties. Motor mmodel 9-131HU416-01, 1/4/hp, 230V, 1 ph, 60hs, 2.8 amps, 800 rpt, rot ccw, serial p76. Fan motor bearings bad - have been super-lubeing it for yers to keep it going but...

Luxaire furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace cuts in and out far too often and my furnace will cut in and blow nothing but cold air. The red trouble shooting light flashes 8 times meaning "lockout caused by loss of flame" Any ideas why either of these situations happen?:confused: I have put in a new flame sensor as well as a...

View more questions Search