Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hedieh Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2006, 04:37 AM
    Brown discharge after period
    Hi.I using birth control pills for 8months,I went for smear test was normal but I had vaginal infection,I used cream that doctor gave it to me for 2weeks each night lastmonth.but this month,I see during my ovulation I had brown discharge,I scared of infection again but I can say I'm so excited these days because I want to back to my country & see my family,so I'm nervouse,worry &excited that I think maybe cuase of discharge,is my 16th pills today & I have discharge for 1week.im sure I eat all my pills,can you please help me?thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Originally posted by Hedieh
    Hi.I using birth control pills for 8months,I went for smear test was normal but I had vaginal infection,I used cream that doctor gave it to me for 2weeks each night lastmonth.but this month,I see during my ovulation I had brown discharge,I scared of infection again but I can say I'm so excited these days because I want to back to my country & see my family,so I'm nervouse,worry &excited that I think maybe cuase of discharge,is my 16th pills today & I have discharge for 1week.im sure I eat all my pills,can you please help me?thanks
    I am not sure I understand your question exactly. Let me see,

This month you got only a brownish color discharge? How old are you? This is important so we can judge where in your cycles you should be and whether this is healthy. If you are like me 41 years old, I would say not to worry. But if you are young (18) this may be cause for some concern.

It sounds as though to me that this may have been your period for this month. A brown discharge can mean the beginning or ending of a period. But if there is not a sufficient amount of menarche (uterine blood tissue) built up on the lining of your uterus this may be your period for this month. I am hoping you are taking your pills at the same time every day. That can mess up your cycle too.

Remember that nerves and stress can also cause a temporary upset in your cycles. Hope this helps.
    hedieh Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2006, 10:56 AM
    Thanks for answer my question,I'm 25 & using pills for 8months,I have regular period & I never had brownish discharge between period cycle,just this month,after my period finish & durin my ovulation(10days after my period finish)i have brownish discharge,I using pills everyday & never ever missed them,I just worry maybe these discharge cause infection again,canu help me again?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2006, 11:23 AM
    It is possible that there is an infection, however, brownish discharge can be considered a normal period.

You should contact your doctor and discuss your concerns with him/her. There is also a slight chance that you may be pregnant, if you are sexually active, even while on the birth control pill. My two oldest sons are perfect examples of that. This may be what is called implantation bleeding.

I understand you take the pill everyday, but you must also take it at the same TIME every day for the pill to be more effective. Also, if you have been on any antibiotics, this tends to lessen the effectivness of the pill.

So please call your doctor as soon as possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge - what is going on now? - please help [ 4 Answers ]

I have been off the pill since Aug last year. In November my period was a week late but nothing came of it just lots of stress. I Know I have been really anxious because my friends who weren't even trying are now pregnant. I have been under a lot of stress because we have just bought a house & the...

Brown Discharge [ 3 Answers ]

We are trying to conceive, have been for the last 7 months. I usually have a 28-30 day cycle, this month 13 days after my period I started to have a dark brown discharge with small to medium size clots, no cramping. It continued for 6 days. Should I be concerned? Is this break through bleeding? And...

Brown discharge instead of bleeding during period [ 6 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period like a week ago but instead it has been brown discharge. Sometimes there will be a little blood but for the most part its brown discharge. What is going on and what can I do to help it?

Brown discharge and no period? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hey, I was hoping someone could help me. It's about my period, or should I say my non-existent period. My last period was in May about 7 weeks ago (from the last day) and I'm about 3 weeks late. I've been late before, but this time it's different. A few days ago I thought I had gotten...

Brown Discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having brown discharge or spotting for a few weeks now. I have taken a pregnancy test twice and both times negative. I am on the pill as well. What could it be?

View more questions Search