Ask
    SheriKhan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 11:08 PM
    Firewall gav/ips tz 170 unr
    Hi There,
    I just want to ask that in our office they are going to put a firewall

"gav/ips tz 170 unr" & "sonic wall 150"
    Will you please tell that,
    They can stop our Browsing or Yahoo, Msn Messengers?
    If yes then how I can get access over that.

Thank & Regards
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 5, 2006, 01:14 AM
    It is possible to use firewalls to block access to certain applications, but we here at AMHD cannot help you get around any sort of administrative restrictions imposed on a School, Work, or any other network not owned and operated by yourself. These restrictions can include (but are not limited to): Website Blocking policies, Software Installation policies, Email retention policies, Software Configuration policies, Network/Internet usage policies, Network Configuration policies, Forum or Chat Room Bans, Game Server Bans, or any other actions that are deemed "unauthorized" by the owners/administrators of the network in question. Any actions by members of AMHD that would be offered to help in this manner would directly violate the site's TOS
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 5, 2006, 06:09 AM
    In addition to Ben's excellent answer, I must ask; Do you like your job? Do you want to keep it?

If your job imposes any restrictions on your use of THEIR computer resources that is their right. If you try to get around those restrictions you could (and should) be fired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Firewall and AntiVirus Apps [ 20 Answers ]

I've used Norton Internet Security for many years. No virus, worm, trojan, etc. has ever made it to my PC. My subscription is up and I want to look at other options. Of course the priority is reliability, but nearly equally important is that it must not be resource intensive. 1. What...

VPN? Managed firewall? [ 7 Answers ]

If a customer wants a VPN device, what exactly (in laymans terms please) is that? I have looked it up on the web but am not getting the whole jist of what it exactly is? :confused: Also they want us to manage their firewall. Can you explain this also. SOrry, just beginning to learn what this...

Firewall/antivirus [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if they like or dislike the EZ Armor Security Software that comes with roadrunner? I have been trying to look at reviews but can't find any. Also, can anyone tell what they think of Trend Micro's firewall protection. I currently have this for my virus protection but wasn't...

Firewall Subscription? [ 7 Answers ]

I got McAfee Firewall about a year back when I got DSL. Is there any good reason to keep paying for a "subscrption" for very infrequent online updates, or is what I have probably good enough? Thanks in advance.

Remote Conifiguration of Firewall [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remotely configure a firewall!?

View more questions Search