Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Jul 4, 2006, 09:27 PM
    Change Default Installation Drive...
    I have my C drive full... then I add another HDD but when I try to install a program installation still head to C drive... how can I make E drive as the default installation drive E(2nd HDD)... :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 5, 2006, 06:13 AM
    You MIGHT be able to using a Registry hack, which I don't recommend. It might also require moving the Program Files folder which, again I don't recommend.

Even though, almost all programs default to C:\Program Files in their installation, almost all offer the ability to change the directory. So just change the C to an E
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Jul 5, 2006, 07:23 AM
    If the Windows directory is on your C drive, then you will always need room on that drive for installs of Win software (DLL's etc). Offload non windows stuff from your C drive to new drive to make room. Then as you install new software, when it asks you where to install, you can point to your new drive.
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Jul 5, 2006, 10:32 PM
    OK thank, But I already did regedit before I've read this but any way thankz...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I live in New York state, I had a default judgement placed against me because I didn't answer to an attorney letter, I feel I was not served properly, I want to try to get the default judgement set aside. I've been told to file a request for judicial intervention and a motion, well I found the form...

Default on car loan [ 6 Answers ]

I am facing a serious situation.I had a car loan and then I gat into an accident.It was a hit and run and the police never found the people that hit me.Unfortunelty right before that, because of serious financial problems, I couldn t make my insurance payments.Now I received a call from a lawyer...

DOS Installation on Hard Drive [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am attempting to install DOS on a 1.4 gig hard drive on a Pentium 1 HP Vectra. All I have is a DOS 6.1 (I think that's what it is) boot disk, so therefore I do have the ability to easily run DOS on the computer without a problem. I have used fdisk.exe to set up the DOS partition on...

Change drain location for New Whirlpool Installation [ 1 Answers ]

My project involves removing an existing 5 foot by 28 inch wide bath tub and installing in its place a 6 foot by 36 inch whirlpool. I have check out all the details and I have the room needed to fit the tub and do the installation properly and also handle the electrical. However I am a novice when...

New Hard Drive Installation/Format for XP [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All. Hope you can help me. Ihave just installed a new 250GB hard drive. Can some one please help me on how i install windows ME. Ihave the hard drive set to master. Ihave also a floppy startup disk. hope you can help this essexguy. My home email is [email protected] Many thanks richardxx :)

View more questions Search