Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deblooker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Subnet Mask and Gateway
    How do I find out my subnet mask and gateway? I am try to connect my wireless router.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 01:10 PM
    On the router they will be in the LAN configuration section in the administrative interface. On a Windows computer, entering "ipconfig /all" at a command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt) will list the information for each network adapter in the computer.

Common values for consumer home routers are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 for the default gateway and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet mask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fn key gateway [ 5 Answers ]

How do you disable the FN lock on gateway laptop it is working like a numlock however there is no numlock key only the Fn key

How do I find my subnet mask? [ 9 Answers ]

How do I find my subnet mask? How do I find my Gateway (router) address? How do I find my DNS (name server) address?

Default gateway changes after connecting to VPN [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running windows XP and have configured a VPN connection to my work. However after the connection is established the default gateway changes from 10.0.0.1 (my DSL router) to some other IP address on the remote network. Because of this any internet browser I bring up locally goes across the VPN...

Subnetting and Subnet Ranges [ 2 Answers ]

I would like someone to explain to me in simplest terms how to subnet and find subnet ranges. Thanks.:)

Dell vs Gateway [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a laptop for my home office. This would be used for personal usage and not a lot of business. I have been checking back and forth with both Dell and Gateway and they're both running great promotions at this time. I am trying to decide from Dell (Inspiron 1501) ...

View more questions Search