Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzron08 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Unemployment issues
    Hello everyone I need some advice on this. I recently moved from Detroit to Florida I quit my job because my husbands job relocated him I filed for unemployment and was denied I appealed and still got denied I now have to go to court do anyone have any suggestions on what I can do or say when I go to court I don't have an attorney. I had been with the company for 12 years what should I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2008, 04:11 PM

What reasons were given for the denial? Generally if you quit, you are ineligible.

Dec 5, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    What reasons were given for the denial? Generally if you quit, you are ineligible.
    Well thanks scott for your respond. The reason was that I left voluntarily so that's why I'm being denied I guess it doesn't matter that you was with a company for 12 years I'm devistated about this I almost don't want to go to court.

Dec 5, 2008, 06:03 PM

The amount of time you spent with the company matters little here. Unemployment insurance is for people who lose their jobs involuntarily. If you leave voluntarily you aren't entitled.

Dec 5, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The amount of time you spent with the company matters little here. Unemployment insurance is for people who lose their jobs involuntarily. If you leave voluntarily you aren't entitled.
    Do u have any suggestions for me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2008, 10:37 PM

? Find another job, you can not get unemployment if you quit a job, unless it was for cause, like they asked you to do something illegal. I had a company that was requiring me to a illegal act, so I quit on appeal I got my unemployment.

But quiting to move with your husbands job does not get you unemployment, it is not how long you worked for any one employer. It is the quarters of work you qualified for and the reason you get terminated.

Dec 6, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mzron08 View Post
    Do u have any suggestions for me
    Other than to drop your appeal and move on, no.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 12:44 PM

If you quit or left voluntarily why would you think you would get unemployment? Would suggest that you put your energies into getting another job and drop whatever appeal/court as you will not win.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unemployment w2 [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to get your w2 for unemployment off the internet?

Unemployment [ 4 Answers ]

How Long Does It Take To Receive My Unemployment When I'm Laid Off For A Week. My Company File Our Unemployment. What Is The Maximum Wait To Receive My Funds...

Unemployment eligible [ 1 Answers ]

I am a self-employment, I received 1099 at the end of year. I did my income tax return Based on my 1099 I received. Since it's tough I do not have any works right now. My question is, am I eligible to receive unemployment benefits. Reagards, Jrcc

Unemployment filing [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee files for unemployment, do they file in the state they worked or the state they live? The company I work for is a construction company and our employees can work in multiple states. I sometimes get multiple claims for the same person for different states... are they allowed to...

View more questions Search