Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stanj028 Posts: 33, Reputation: -6
    -

Dec 5, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Karate book funds
    Hi there, I have recently written a book on Karate in general and I had a meeting with the publisher the other day and it was all good news apart from 1 thing, I somehow need to get £3000 in funds that will benefit this, anyone got any ideas how I can raise these funds?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 6, 2008, 09:57 AM

Rather than going this route, I suggest self-publishing your book through either Lulu or CreateSpace. Both will provide help with marketing your book, and will print copies on demand so there's none of this 3000 pounds up front business.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 11:12 AM

Yes, what are you going to get for the money ? Have you talked to other publishing houses.

There is so much fraud in the publishing business, have you checked out the publisher you are talking to
    stanj028 Posts: 33, Reputation: -6
    -

Dec 9, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Comment on vingogly's post
    Thank you so much! You have helped the greatest, Now all I have to do is persuade my friend to change plans, thank you, you have saved me loads!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Karate Movie title [ 3 Answers ]

There's this movie about 3 (asian boys) who avenge there grandfather or uncle after he has been murdered. I remember a scene where they walk into a restaurant and order tons of food (I believe its mcdonalds) and when they pay for it there money is no good.

Karate Movie Title [ 1 Answers ]

This movie begins with a group of karate kids that are robbing a house and they kill the old man owner of the house. One of the boys tries to leave but the main boy of the group kills him and hangs him from the schools basketball goal. Then his brother wants to join the group but they won't let...

How do I go about getting sponsorship for my son to go to a karate tournament? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get sponsorship for my karate kid to go to World Karate Tournament in July 2008? Thanks

Karate gangsta killed [ 2 Answers ]

Knocking out a wannabe gangsta... Street fight martial arts karate gangsta killed haha knocked out karate gangsta killed - www.swiftvideos.com

Karate scholarship [ 1 Answers ]

Which collage and universities in Canada and the United States offer scholarships for karate or martial arts?

View more questions Search