Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Dec 5, 2008, 05:44 AM
    MACBook how do you.
    Open another Safari window without having to put the curser on the icon and press CTRL-Enter. I know there's another easier way because it happened once on error but I have no idea how. Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 5, 2008, 06:39 AM

Have you tried either COMMAND-t (for new tab) or COMMAND-n (for new window)? I believe these work in FireFox, so they may work in Safari as well.

Dec 5, 2008, 01:57 PM

Oh WOW! Thanks! U just made my day! :)

Dec 5, 2008, 03:34 PM

Humm... new one... now how would u switch between the windows open
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 5, 2008, 06:06 PM

Command-Tab will show you all running applications. If you have turned on Expose, you can tile all open windows with the F9 key and select the one you want. If you just want application windows, you can do it with F10 (similar to what Command-Tab does). The F11 key will move all windows aside temporarily and show you the desktop.

Another great feature is Spaces; if enabled, you can specify the number of Spaces you want and have an open set of windows in each. I usually have four Spaces when I'm working: one for editing files, one for tracking time spent and billing my client, one for task tracking, and one for Lotus Notes (email and calendar). You can use F8 to select between Spaces.

Dec 5, 2008, 06:16 PM

Thanks!! I'm learning so much. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Windows XP on my macbook [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I purchased my macbook about a year ago. It's run using 10.4 Tiger I believe (the previous version of Leopard). I want to install Windows XP on my macbook (it's intel processed) but need the bootcamp. The apple website directs me to the page of OSX Leopard and I'm guessing I have to...

Apple MacBook [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Apple MacBook for over a year now. People say there's so much you can do on them and how great they are. I basically know how to open Safari, iPhoto, my AOL, and AIM... anyone know of any program built into the MacBook that I'm missing out on that I should check out??

Can you use at&t wi-fi for you macbook. [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to make sure if you have to get a special wi-fi from apple or can you use any other wi-fi like at&t.:) :p :cool:

MacBook Pro Intel issue [ 2 Answers ]

I realize this is a intel mac issue but here goes... Using flip4mac I can't seem to play any streaming content--just get the message that I need to go to MS and install the media player plugin. More specifically, I tried to watch a streaming ball game on MLB.com. I checked and the plugins all seem...

View more questions Search