Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alleonna Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Internet explorer or moxilla Firefox
    Any opinion which is better IE or Firefox? I'm currently using the IE but plan to use the Firefox too... what's the difference?
    Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2006, 10:06 AM
    The best way is to just run with FF for a month or so then decide.

I've moved over to FF simply for the tabbed browsing feature. That aside, as far as features go, I call them equal.
    alleonna Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Thanks rickj
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2006, 10:13 AM
    With Service pack 2 installed the larger security holes of IE have mostly been patched (mostly related to silent spyware installation). Firefox never had this issue which is why it gained in popularity so quickly - safety from spyware.

Today the issue is more of convenience and customization. I'm a Firefox guy now. I love the variety of extensions you can install - specifically adblock which blocks ads on pages. I also love the tabbed browsing and the extensions you can install to add to that funtionality.

I still feel that IE is bloated is tied to the OS too much. But MS doesn't conform to web standards so some sites are coded for IE and will not look right in Firefox.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jul 4, 2006, 10:25 AM
    I've been trying both for a couple of days now and like others, I do like the tabbed browsing in FireFox (that was a feature in IE7 that I loved, but had other isseus with the IE7 beta), but I hate how FireFox manages its Profiles and Bookmarks.

I like to keep My Favorites under the My Documents folder. With IE, all I had to do was move the folder. To move my FireFox profile under My Documents, I had to find and move my profile from the Application Data folder, and then edit the Profiles.ini file to point to the new path.

I now have two locations for bookmarks - My Favorites when I'm using IE, and the FireFox Bookmarks.htm file when I'm using FireFox.

At least for data recovery purposes, my entire FireFox profile can be restored just by editing that INI file.
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Jul 5, 2006, 02:09 PM
    I find Firefox to be far superior and the extensions - free add ons written by the user community - continue to enhance this product on a daily basis. Tabbed browsing (now included in IE 7) is the only way to go.
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jul 5, 2006, 07:02 PM
    I pick Firefox... Firefox... Firefox... Ohhh Did I say Firefox? I must have because Firefox is better.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2006, 12:53 AM
    Firefox would get my vote every time. It's far superior to IE6. IE7 is closer but I think that thing is just ugly. Not to mention Firefox is updated far more regularly than IE.

But hey, why settle for just one browser? Try them all. Opera is also another of the great browsers out there.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jul 7, 2006, 11:20 AM
    I am trying out Flock is a free, easy-to-use web browser built on fast and secure Mozilla .I like the layout and the features. Got to try it out some more though.
    swissfem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alleonna
    any opinion which is better ie or firefox? i'm currently using the ie but plan to use the firefox too.... whats the difference?
    thanks
    There isn't even a reason to keep IE so there's your answer. I used to have so many problems when I started using computers - crashes, viruses, worms, all sorts of weird things happening - popups and little messages from IE saying I had done something wrong. I'd get those messages constantly, no matter what I was doing. I had to completely rebuild my computer several times and constantly download fixes from MS. What a pain!

With Firefox, I sit down and never get a popup or a little message. I get wonderful browsing and no crashes or viruses or worms. I have just as much speed as I want and it took only minutes to download Firefox. The only question you need to ask is why did it take you so long to quit IE.

Pat yourself on the back and do the right thing. Choose Firefox.
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Mar 12, 2007, 10:18 PM
    I use FIREFOX 99% of the time... IMO it's one of the best browsers.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Firefox

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm having a problem with my internet explorer browser every time I'm on a web page and I click on the internet explorer icon to bring up a new internet explorer the first page keep changing ,I'm using windows xp this is the fist time I'm seeing this how can I fix it please .thanks in advance

Internet Explorer [ 4 Answers ]

When ever I try to open a site such as Yahoo,Google I get a popup window that ask me what to use to open it with,When In click on IE and OK it will open. How do I get it to open all the time without doing this extra. Its something new? :confused:

Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been thinking of getting that Firefox browser, I'm just not sure of what the if I should get it or not. Sure the website says they're all that and more but what do the people say about it? I mean is it as good as the website says, or is there anything wrong with it and whatnot. What...

Pop-ups in Internet Explorer [ 6 Answers ]

I'm using Spybot to remove adware and spyware, but I'm still getting a few popups with Internet Explorer (specifically noticed when I try and access Yahoo or Google) which I don't using Netscape. What more can I do to end all the popups in Internet explorer?

Internet Explorer 6. [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP and have developed a problem with my IE. When I first log on to internet my home page sometimes locks up or it will turn off IE and send me back to desktop. This does not happen all the time. Some time I can change web pages then without warning my IE will turn off and I am...

View more questions Search