Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 10:02 PM
    This site takes me to another site
    Hi.. I'm new here and several times today when I tried to log on to this site I am taken to an ad site.
    I use Firefox and I have askme in my bookmarks toolbar.But even when I don't use the toolbar it happens ,I suspect that is a cookie thing.

Oddly, I will be on the site all right but then when I try to switch pages I get taken to the same ad .Sometimes it happens and sometimes not,there is no discernible pattern.

If I close my browser and restart it itsO.K. but then it happens again.

Did a scan ,no viruses and am running AVG.

Really stumped here.. Thanks in advance Michele
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 10:27 PM

No advice, sad to say, but it's been happening to me too. Started today

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to speed up site to site VPN [ 3 Answers ]

I use an accounting application which is based in another location .whoever it takes several minutes to retrieve the information from the area using VPN. The VPN uses a VPN broudband router which are at both ends, however we connect via a service provider. How can I improve the speed when...

This site! [ 5 Answers ]

How do you put a picture on an answer/post?

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

View more questions Search