Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaghy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 09:48 PM
    Connect to internet
    Hi,

One of my friends bought Mac recently. He asked me help him to connect his Mac to ADSL internet connection. But I can't.
    Could you please let me know every stage of that?

Thanks

Regards,
    Sharron
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 5, 2008, 08:21 AM

Go to System Preferences, click on Network. Click on the Assist me... button and it should lead you through the process. Here's an Apple support article that should be helpful:

Mac OS X: Connecting to the Internet via cable, DSL, or local area network (LAN)

Note that if your friend's ISP requires PPoE, you need to follow these instructions first:

Mac OS X: Connecting to the Internet with PPPoE
    shaghy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 02:41 AM
    Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE won't connect to internet [ 8 Answers ]

HI - I'm running XP, Modem/DSL. FireFox connects to internet, but IE6 or IE7 won't. Because of no IE connection, some apps, e.g. Quicken won't connect either. Earthlink suggests running Norton Anti-virus. Anyone have a idea?

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet. I know that the connection is fine as Firefox works. I have cable broadband through a wireless connection. When I try to use Explorer it comes up with Internet explorer annot display the webpage. I have tried to look at other threads but can't seem...

How to connect a PC to the Internet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Here is the situation. The Pc is far from the DSL modem like 2Km, what are the possible ways to connect this PC to this DSL Modem ? What devices will be needed & how much it would cast? How the data will be transmitted ? Thanks

Cannot connect to the internet [ 3 Answers ]

When trying to connect to the internet the following error is displayed "dns is unable to resolve ip address".How is this overcome?

View more questions Search