Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandannick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Ritual practice and its meaning in buddhism
    What are the ritual practices and their meanings in Buddhism?
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Dec 4, 2008, 08:44 PM

Creative Commons Search

Hope this helps
    ubharedev Posts: 134, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 05:08 AM

Dear friend,
    You can't directly know about the ritual practices and their meanings until and unless you must have little basic knowledge about Buddhism.
    Explaining in short:
    1)Ritual practice in Buddhism include from Birth till death.
    Every ritual(Pooja) practice is there for every happening. Such as Birth, Death, New Home taken pooja, ceremony, wedding, etc.
    2)But the most important part of Buddhism is that the principles that one should adopt in life(The way to live life) for make it worthy.
    So, we have to take the teaching of this principles from the preacher's of Buddhism.
    Well, every family member can't able to know more and more because of their duties or the work they are engaged in.
    So, it is the duty of the member of the family to teach what he knows about Buddhism principles and how to employ them in life what he knows more than the others.
    3)When you exactly come to know about Buddhism, you will find that this Ritual practices taken during any occasion is just a mean to gather all relatives, friends, pal. And we invite the Bhikshu (Monk) to do the Ritual but with that they have to teach the certain principle of Buddhism to know more about Buddhism.
    At this moment they(monk) have to preach little more about Buddhism.

Hope you will now satisfied, any query please send

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wicca ritual [ 2 Answers ]

I'm allergic to incense. What can I use in a ritual instead?

Voodoo ritual with children and slaves equals immortality. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking for a movie that is about two children (brother and sister), in I think Louisianna, who's father hangs a couple of slaves outside his house for playing with the children. Meanwhile the children are involved in an old african chant ritual from a record player with some slaves...

Baby Tossing, a Muslim ritual? [ 4 Answers ]

I was shocked to see the baby tossing ritual on the news. There is a man on top of a domed building tossing naked,crying babies from the top onto a white sheet held by many men. And to see the babies bounce off the sheet as they land,that gave me chills. How can any parent let their babies...

Hindu marriage ritual [ 2 Answers ]

In hindu marriage how many times goes around the fire

Sacred elements & their meaning of buddhism [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find a good site on this subject;)

View more questions Search