Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drdradle Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Getting a hookah
    Hello hello, I was thinking about getting a hookah and I was just wandering, what are some of the things to look for when I buy one, also, do you have to buy like the coal and stuff separate or do they come with some when you buy it? One more thing, what are some good flavors when buying the tobacco for it? Thanks much!
    8120joy Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 09:24 AM

Depends what country you're in?

Probably america has the best selection of more 'fun' options. If you want to be a more serious hookah smoker arab countries would have better ideas/methods.
    Discovear Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Man Hookahs are a lot of fun! Your options will be unfortunately contingent upon where you live/what kind of access you have to places like Head shops (smoke shops). Though there is the internet. Most hookahs come with a small packet of self-lighting charcoal. And while just about any piece of charcoal will do, the self-lighting ones are the best, and should be pretty cheap. There's some stuff to think about before you buy a hookah. Think about how frequently you plan on using it. If you plan on using it mostly alone or in large groups of people. Hookahs come typically with one to two hoses, sometimes 3+, I recommend that you don't get anything higher than a three-hose hookah, you lose a lot of efficiency with more hoses (how much mileage you get out of one packing of tobacco). If you're going to use it in a group you'll also want a larger water jar as it will hold a higher volume of smoke. Other things to mention: the longer the shaft or neck of the Hookah, the better. With longer necks the smoke has more time to cool as it travels to the bowl. I would also recommend getting a chambered bowl. Essentially most hookahs come with an open air bowl and you're supposed to put aluminum foil over it and poke holes through it for the charcoal. This gets messy and old after a while. I have a bowl with a latching domed metal lid. Inside this bowl is a metal tray with holes already in it. This contains both your tobacco and charcoal more efficiently and keeps your charcoal from flying off the hookah as easily. Whew! What a rant. Lastly to answer you about tobacco: There is a vast variety of flavors to choose from. I myself am on a Honey Kick right now. But hell, make your own blend! Alrighty I've blabbed long enough. Have fun with your hookah!
    asdfghjkl98 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2009, 08:24 PM

Mr friend had a hookah and it was amazing to smoke out of! It was a very smooth hit. He would always bye either grape or french vanilla. My personal favorite was french vanilla.

Also I would say 3 hoses are good to look for

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking Hookah [ 2 Answers ]

What are the side effects? I smoked hookah for the first time last night and I didn't feek a buzz or anything. Thanks

Hookah? Do they mean hooker? [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what hookah is?

Hookah ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone has done the hookah? It flavored tobacco that use burn slowly with a coal and such out of a hose. My boyfriend is kind of addicted to it and I was wondering if it was bad. It only has 0.05% nicotine. Please help... she I let him keep doing or the him to stop or...

View more questions Search