Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack johnsrud Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2006, 12:15 AM
    Animal mutilations/family problem.
    For six years I have had livestock and pets killed or mutilated by what I assumed were sneaky neighbor kids, especially around holidays. I put up a deer camera and the only thing I caught was an older brother and my father. I am alienated from both and have had sparse contact over the years. They were in a car in my livestock yard on my birthday while I was gone. Three cats died that day. When sent the photo and nicely asked what they were doing there, both adimately deny it was them and got quite upset, despite the photo being clear and undeniable. Both have a history of animal (and human) abuse, but only witnessed by myself when I was younger and a few others who I am sure would not want to cooperate. Both are well known hot-shot businessmen within the state. I am just a farmer, animal lover and something of a bohemian. Things have been quiet for six months since I sent the photo. If I report it to the authorities, I'm not sure there is much they could do and I wonder if it would only make matters worse. I'm sure my brother and father would, in turn, make false allegations and probably be more credible because of their social status. Both are skilled liars and very vengeful. Need suggestions.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Hi,
    I am sorry to read this. Sounds like your photo "hit home", if nothing else has happened in 6 mo. After they got it!
    I would do nothing at the present time. Hopefully, it has stopped. I would also keep a camera handy, and maybe even a "deer video camera", or something similar around.
    I hate to hear anything like this about animals. I am sure you could call your local Sheriff's Dept, and report it. As you said, they might just make things worse. I would do nothing now, and wait to see if it starts up again. If so, then please call the authorities. At least, they will investigate; maybe throwing a scare into them. I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 4, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Continue to take those pictures, the more the better and of the dead animals as you found them too. I would do nothing until the next attack. If it comes I would, without notice to your relatives, go to the authorities - there is a lot they can do. Animal abuse is considered a precusor to some really bad stuff and taken very seriously these days. How provencial do you think the local law enforcement is? If its too provencial, go over their heads. This is something I would think would interest the FBI. I don't mean to sound dramatic but you are talking about something very serious here. Also I don't mean to be an alarmist but please make sure you are capable of defending yourself too? The threat of you turning them in with the photo may have been enough to stop them cold. And if it isn't, you're going to need all the help you can get, including law enforcement. Let's hope it doesn't escalate. And for what its worth, I am totally estranged from my original family too. They are sick people and I mean in a similar way to what you are describing here. I have often said that if my dad turned out to be a serial killer, I wouldn't be very surprised (not kidding here). I am so sorry.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 4, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Another thought would be to contact your local newspaper and ask if they would be willing to do a story on this. I would suggest that you NOT name any suspects, but this would bring about public awarness and may just stop them from coming back.

Just a thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Family problem [ 21 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old, I was forced to drop out of school last April by my family after knowing that I was having a relationship with a guy who is only 2 yrs older then me(I have been with him for about 3 yrs alredy). Now I have no job and I have to wait till end of this year to continue my studies but...

Name of this animal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, could someone please identify this animal? I would appreciate it.:) http://i8.tinypic.com/25h0etv.jpg

Animal Kingdom [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Please what are the scientific names and classification of animal kingdom which classes and phyla are the following organisms: Bat, cockcroach, prawn, tapeworm, frog, butterfly, millipid, earthworm, bacteria, bluealgae. Thanks

View more questions Search