Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Einstein_albert Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 01:41 AM
    Color visibility issue to human eyes
    After some looking around I have found that the most salient color to human eyes is greenish yellow, the color which some fire trucks, traffic police vest have.However, if say I can only choose green or yellow, which color would you guys recommend to achieve the maximum possible result as close to using the greenish yellow?:):D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 01:55 AM

Hi, Einstein_albert!

Would you care to let us know why you're asking this question first, please? Knowing the reason why might help those of us who do come along to address your question the best!

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2008, 02:08 AM
    All right sure, well the reason why I asked this was because I do some carpentry work at home, and usually after finishing for the day I would "fence" up the area with some wooden planks.And as my room is really messy as I notice, its impossible for me to paint the fence with any color that stands out from the books, magazines, floor tiles etc. Just 2 weeks ago, my nephew came crashing into the "site" while she was going into the room.And so, after doing some researching I have found this greenish yellow to the most salient for human eyes, and also I'm trying to cut down on spending, hence after checking out the paint shop nearby, they offer green , yellow etc all the basic colors and stuff.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 11:09 AM

Yellow is a very noticeable color - yellow is used for things like "do not cross" tape at crime scenes, and for hazard markings.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    Yellow is a very noticable color - yellow is used for things like "do not cross" tape at crime scenes, and for hazard markings.
    This of course, is because the sun is yellow - we have evolved such that the responsivity spectrum of the eye is very close to the spectrum of the sun (as it's filtered through the atmosphere).
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 12:15 PM

I have the eye sensitivity chart somewhere. Yellow when bright lights are around. Green in the dark. Yellow is way too bright in the dark. Hard to read.

Back when there was B&W, Amber and Green monitors, I picked based on reasoning. B&W was annoying in any light.

Dec 4, 2008, 08:40 PM

Thanks I guess I'll just don it yellow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the most significance issue facing human resource managers today? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the issues human resources management faces in today's workforce

Will my daughter eyes change color again [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 2 years and eight months, when she was born she had light gray eyes. And when she turned 4 months old, one eye got darker and turn brown, the other one stayed the same. And now just a couple months ago it turned green. Do you know if it will change in the future or not. At what age...

Dress color for brown eyes, blondish hair [ 6 Answers ]

I have brown eyes with a bit of green in them, and blondish-brown hair. I am kind of tan from being out in the sun lately. What color of dress would look good on me? I'm thinking teal, blue, green, yellow or black. Thanks

Human resource issue [ 2 Answers ]

In the review process is it legal for my boss to ask me if I am looking for another job because she "heard a rumor." What is the best response for continued employment?

Hair Color issue [ 1 Answers ]

My Natural hair color is dirty Blond/light brown (has red tones)- I have dyed my hair for years to blonde and I love it but my roots come in and now I would like to maybe highlight my hair with my natural hair colour leaving the blonde as my main color. When I try and do this this I only get red,...

View more questions Search