Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyof2boyz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 12:14 AM
    Wanting to adopt
    Hi I am a mother of 2 boys and I was wondering how I go about either adopting a baby or a young child can anyone help me.. I want more so bad but my husband has problems when it comes to concieving. I feel so dumb for even telling that.. but I want more children we would like at least 3 more. An we have talked about adopting some if we could if anyone could help us let me know I'm open for anything right now. I would love 2 at least have one daughter. I've had 2 miscarriages twins and a singl... thanks to you all for any help
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 06:57 AM

Check with your local foster care agency.

There are thousands of children in foster care who would LOVE to have a permanent home.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Dec 5, 2008, 08:34 PM
    First off, I can relate to infertility problems... it is one of the most difficult things to deal with. We looked into adoption ourselves, it's a great idea. There are tons of kids out there that need a loving home like yours.
    If you're looking for a baby or toddler, then you'll need to contact an adoption agency or an adoption lawyer. Since babies and young children are the most popular, its next to impossible to find any looking for a home in the system.
    However, you need to be prepared. Whether you go through the US or internationally, private adoption is very pricey. But that is where you'll need to start, they'll give you your options and next steps. GOOD LUCK!!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 12:33 AM

I also recommend that if you DO go with a private adoption, that you get some counseling about it. It's VERY unlikely that you will not have an open adoption, and for some adoptive parents, that's very hard to deal with.

Make sure you know what you're willing to offer--and to KEEP offering for the next 18 years--before you make any promises to a birth mother. It sounds easy NOW to give pictures and letters, but when she's writing you and asking about them, or asking for a visit---how will you react then?

Start with an adoption agency if you're going to go with a private adoption--and make sure to ask them where you can get some counseling on adoption before you jump in feet first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to adopt my fiancés kids. [ 3 Answers ]

My fianc and I are getting married and I want to adopt her kids. How do I go about looking for an atty for that matter, and lets say I go through all the work and the birth father didn't give consent? What are my options then? Also, how do I go about changing their last names tomine if possible?

Unfit Parent is Wanting To Adopt [ 5 Answers ]

It's my own mother. I grew up putting up with mental and some physical abuse. Now she wants to adopt children and run a foster home too! She is really awful and I have always thought she's had some mental issues. I feel it's gotten worst as she aged. Who can I contact about this? I really feel...

Wanting to adopt a boy [ 3 Answers ]

OK

Wanting to Adopt My Nephew [ 2 Answers ]

I want to adopt my nephew whom I've had since he was 6mos old and whom I also have custody of. I want to know if I can file the paperwork myself instead of paying thousands of dollars to a lawyer and if so how do I get started on this journey to adopt my heart and soul?

View more questions Search