Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasra Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Jul 3, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Hi Guys
    I am in a marriage at the moment that is'nt going anywhere. At the moment we are together, but when we are together it is as if I don't exist, I come home from work on a long shift and he is on his lap top. He cooks the dinner though and leaves it in the microwave for me, but that's it. I get in and have a shower heat up my food and sit and watch telly. Oh and he has constant phone calls from his family he is happy to chat to them all night. By then I'm in bed, because I usually have a early shift in the morning. At night he is after one thing, but is that what life and marriage is about. He is'nt affectionate with me only when he is after one thing, he connects affection with one thing. If he goes in the kitchen he gets himself something and does not ask me what I want. He never suggest if going out to even the park, or cinema or. On my days off I suggest something like even a stroll in the park but he makes a big fuss about it. It is as if he can't be bothered. Am I that vile. He is unemployed and is not looking for a job, saying he is looking for the perfect business opportunity, what opportunity if you have no money. When he is not with me he is travelling up to see his family mum an dad brothers sisters. This causes me to go back to my mums until he gets back which envolves me packing all the time. I feel as if the house we are living at isn't a home. Then he travells abroad visiting other families and looking at business opportunities, I feel as if he isn't really looking at my needs and wants. I am always asking him about starting for a family and that we have been married a while now. He does not care saying if it happens it happens. I've made appointment with fertility clinic but he always misses the appointments because he is constantly away. Guys am I wasting my time here shall I call it a day or shall I try harder.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jul 3, 2006, 02:45 PM
    1st: How much of this have you told him?

2nd: Why in the world would you be trying to bring a child into a relationship that you do not want to be in? Having a child does NOT fix problems!
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Jul 11, 2006, 01:48 PM
    For me - life is about getting what I want and need - it sounds like you are getting neither. Life is too short for you to settle for that. I suggest calling it a day and taking care of YOU.

PS: Don't even think about a family until you've come to terms with the above. It is unfair and abusive to bring a child into a family that is not functional.
    nasra Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Jul 11, 2006, 02:00 PM
    Hi John,

Thanks for that, you are right life is to short. I have decided to go for a divorce. I was in turmoil, and very sad and lonely, but now that I have decided what I am going to do, well it feels as if a large cloud has been lifted off me.:) take care
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Jul 11, 2006, 02:03 PM
    So glad you are taking care of you and feeling empowered to do so. Keep that energy close... you will need it as you proceed down the road you've chosen. Keep us posted and use this forum as a resource if needed... best to you... JonB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Hey guys... [ 2 Answers ]

:) Have you try Xoftspy.. I think its good because it fix lots of spy in my system... even when my regedit won't open xoftspy fix it... but the only thing is it didn't fix my task manager it won't open... I wonder why... :confused:

What do you guys think? [ 10 Answers ]

What do you guys think is the right age to start having sex? :)

This is for the guys! I need help! [ 2 Answers ]

What am I supposed to do when I guy wants me to make a first move? Especially if its his first time kissing and I'm kind of experienced... and I don't know how he wants it... how do you like it? :confused:

View more questions Search