Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelina_93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2006, 01:18 PM
    My cat has stopped labor after one kitten
    Hi, I am new to this website and am worried about my cat. This is her second litter of kittens. She had one last night around 6pm. Then her labor stopped. She has not had another since and it has been almost 24 hours. Could something be wrong? I have seen a lot of kittens born but never had it take this long...
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thank you...
    Angie
    revkeith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 04:46 PM
    See my post cat had 1 kitten at 11pm then labor and contractions ceased.
    My daughter in law used to work for vet and said if she didn't deliver in 12 hours cat & kittens would die.
    Took to vet at 2pm kittens were dead and cat was septic and humane society put her down.
    Took to ve
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 3, 2010, 02:01 AM

Cats can stop labor if they're not comfortable. It's possible there was only one kitten. It's also possible the others were conceived later and aren't ready to be born, yet.

Can you feel other kittens? Are they moving?

If you're worried, it's best to take her to the vet. It's better to be safe, than sorry.
    maggiemac2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 06:08 AM
    I rescued a stray 3 weeks ago. She gave birth to a kitten yestersay at 2 pm (23 hours ago) She has been eating, drinking, using the litter tray and seems fine, acting as normal. Have just spoken to Vet nurse and she said she sounds absolutely fine. She's a young cat so one isn't that unusual. Obviously I am keeping a very close eye on her but fingers crossed it's all going to be good :-)
    JacklynO1988 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Maggie: how did everything go? Did she have the rest of the kittens and how long did she wait?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
    This thread is almost 6 years old. Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Help Cat In Labor! [ 11 Answers ]

Yesterday my cat's kittens were moving rapidly in her stomach and she starting having contractions at about 2:00pm. She hasn't done anything since! This morning I noticed her having some small contractions. (wave-like motions) I am wondering how long she can go on with having these contractions...

Labor law in pa [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if a 17 year old can be hired to be a grounds keeper at a business. He will be running lawn tractors/weed eaters/and snow plows

Labor soon? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am 36 weeks with my first child. I went to my doctor yesteday and he said I was dilated to a 2. Last night I woke up at 4:30 am because my stomach felt extremely tight kind of like contractions, but not regular. I couldn't go back to sleep. Could I be going into labor before I am expected...

Is my cat in labor? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend has a cat who is very pregnant. She doesn't know when exactly she became pregnant but thinks it might be around Oct. 5. The kittens are moving continuously right now and the mom to be is very gassy and not too interested in eating. She always wants to lay down next to my friend and be...

View more questions Search