Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jimmy_Jazz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Graphics card
    So if I wanted to get a new grahpics card and this is my computer

HP Pavilion a6130n (Athlon 64X2 2.6GHz, 3GB RAM, 400GB HDD, Vista Home Premium) specs and Desktop specifications - CNET Reviews

What could I get?
    amsteube Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Dec 3, 2008, 05:22 PM
    You need to open the tower and look at what type of expansion slot it has. The most common type on new computers is PCI-E. It also depends on what you want to use it for.
    amdrocks Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 01:47 PM

Jimmy, here is a link to the "Motherboard Specification" page for your rig:

Motherboard Specifications, MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 

Scroll down to the section titled "Expansion slots". It shows that you have two PCI, one PCI Express 1 & one PCI Express 16 slots. Now, scroll down further to the "Motherboard layout and photos" section. It will show you where to find the PCI Express 16 slot. This is the slot for your card. I believe that it will be black.

If you have further questions, please let me know.
    You can install a GeForce 8800GT

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphics Card [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy some games for my laptop but when I bought my laptop (2 years ago) I didn't think of what kind of graphics card it came with. Can anyone explain how do I know which graphics cardsare better than others. When I look at some of the game requirements they say like "must have a <Insert...

Graphics Card [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to upgrade a laptop's graphics card?

Graphics card [ 12 Answers ]

Hey there! I have a Dell 5150 Series and was looking to update the graphics card, how ever I have a spare graphics card but it seems too big for the computer, is there any other sort of graphics card I could buy for my machine? :)

New Graphics Card [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 9800pro. I want a new AGP graphics card with a good performance increase from this for about £100. PCI-E is out of the question so don't bother. Also the graphics on my MOBO is DDR, will other types of DDR such as DDR2 and DDR3 graphics cards work on this? The MOBO is an Abit V-10.

Need help with a new graphics card [ 4 Answers ]

OK the help I need is some generous soul to lend me $1999 for This Stonker !!!. I'll even time share it if you want ;)

View more questions Search