Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Dec 3, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Purina one
    Do any of your dogs eat purina one food? Is it really as good as all of the ads and spokespeople on the radio say ?I have 3 small dogs and I feed two of them ( the older two boys, their 2) adult formula the little boy , (he's 5 months) the puppy formula of pedigree, but I am afraid that I am not giving them everything they need through thet food I feed them specially the puppy, so I was wondering if you guys could tell me a better food or if purina one is any good thanks! I just get so worried with all the additives in dog foods I would never forgive myself if one of my babies got sick...
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 3, 2008, 10:46 AM

Well what I do is feed my Niki Purina One, but I mix it with a boiled chicken breast. I have just found a new company though, and their food seems really good. There are no additives, and it is a holistic food. Niki seems to really like it!

I don't know if you will have distributors in your area, but they deliver a free sample to your home, and deliver anything you order after that. It's a little bit pricier, but if it's better quality, and you don't have to worry about all of the garbage and filler that goes into some brands, it's worth it. It's all natural, and they have different ones from puppy food, to senior, to overweight dogs, and even dogs with certain health issues.

Here is their website. Check it out!

Bienvenue chez Multi Menu | Welcome to Multi Menu
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Dec 3, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    Well what I do is feed my Niki Purina One, but I mix it with a boiled chicken breast. I have just found a new company though, and their food seems really good. There are no additives, and it is a holistic food. Niki seems to really like it!

I don't know if you will have distributors in your area, but they deliver a free sample to your home, and deliver anything you order after that. It's a little bit pricier, but if it's better quality, and you don't have to worry about all of the garbage and filler that goes into some brands, it's worth it. It's all natural, and they have different ones from puppy food, to senior, to overweight dogs, and even dogs with certain health issues.

Here is their website. Check it out!

Bienvenue chez Multi Menu | Welcome to Multi Menu
    Thank you so much I don't care about the price I just want my babies to healthy! I am just about to look into that link you sent me!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 3, 2008, 10:54 AM

Sorry, I didn't realise that they were only in Canada. Maybe they ship for a reasonable price.

Yes, that's all that matters in the long run, is that they are happy, healthy, and are with us for as long as possible! :)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 10:56 AM

Nutro is also supposed to be good. They don't have the ground corn filler in it. That's what we started giving our puppy and I've noticed a huge difference.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Nothing lives up to its marketing hype. Purina 1 straight out of the bag is likely as good as anything and better than any chow with chicken or other things added. The well informed professionals at the assistance dog school have me feeding it to my 15 week old Golden, Tux.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How many calories in in a cup of purina little bites dog food? [ 9 Answers ]

My chocolate lab is 1-1/2 yrs.old and 20-25# overweight.The vet gave us calories to be feeding her but the bag of food does not give caloric contents of Purina Lil Bites.I need help!

View more questions Search