Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghadkali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 02:19 AM
    A fishing movie, an anime and a ninja movie from the 60's to late 80's
    Hello everybody, and thx for checking out my topic:)
    As most people i would like to re-live som special moments of my life with the help of these movies, my childhood memories. Some of these movies made me very happy when i was a little kid. Now in my later years and in troubled times....i would simply love to get my hands on those 3 titles as it would mean alot to me.

First movie : A fisherman's tale ( not the actual title rather a breaf movie description)

Second movie : A dramatic anime about a small familly and animals living together in peace, so they thought

Thirs movie : A ninja movie about 2 rivals who in the end join alliances

The first movie was in black and white, and i think the movie was produced somewhere between the 60's till early 80's. The main character was an old guy and probably in his late 50's or mid 60's. The movie started with some sort of competition, all the fishermen sailed out on their boats to secure their share of fish from the ocean as a season of marlins had just started.
    The old man owning only a small rowing boat jumped into it and set sail, after a couple of days out in te open he cought something big, i presume something went wrong with his equipment and he had to hold the fishing line with his own hands to fight the fish. While struggling with it he started to question his own strenght and started remembering his younger years in a bar where he was arm wrestling another guy for almost 24 hours till he actually won the contest, back on the boat he finally manages to overwin the fish and it was a huge marlin, too bad for this fisherman he had to tie it up outside of the boat and started his trip back to mainland, sadly the sharks were attrackted by the blood and started eating big chunks of his catch. When he arrived to shore there was nothing left of his fish.... i think this is the whole movie, but there might be more but this was all i could recall.

Second movie :

It started out in a large green field where a little boy and many diffrent animals were playing peacfully, the dinner bell rang in the hut further up the hill, so everybody rushed there to get their peace of a hot meal, i think a woman was in that house that rang the dinner bell. The animals and the kid started eating something that resembled a small round brown bread but rather pointy on two of the edges, it still looks delicate whenever i think about it :)
    Anyway there was one last peace and one of the animals wanted it, but another animal took it before as a joke so the chase started between all of them i think, the animal that wanted the bread was bambi like and the other one who took it and ran away looked like a small baby brown bear. Anyway the animals started throwing it to each other so " bambi " couldnt reach it, on the final throw the bread peace got stuck in a bee hive so the animals all fled and hid arround from the bees that had started chasing them, now there was a river not far from there wich i think "bambi" had to jump into / fell into, and it couldnt swim, so "bambi's" mother ran to her and jumped in and rescued her but while the mother was still in the lake a monster of a fish ate her.
    What happens after this is a mixup, so i might...just might be mixing 2 animes together...but what i think happend after this was that the monster in the lake was linked to a wich wich was growing stronger and stronger....so the kid that was playing with the animals in the beginning actually is our hero, what happens is that he and another grown up mann take a long trip to i guess find and kill this witch, that man ends up beeing lured into a cave and locked behind stone bars, but a squerl wich had accompanied them help that man by grabing the large key to open his prison. Meanwhile the little kid somehow had to continue the quest and started climbing a really big mounting and it was stormy, he finally came upto this cabin and confrontet somebody ( might be the wich or a guide that helped him on his quest to find the witch i dont really remember ) anyway in the end the kid and the witch had a brutal fight, the kid hit her with something " holy " that made the witch get really old and started melting until she became bones, the weather started clearing up after her death....this is what i remember, it might be under the category cartoons so im not so sure, it was in colour tho. I watched it many times as it was recorded on a video casette. I think it was the mid 80's when i watched it, so i think the movie was produced in the early 80's
    Any help is appreciated, as i've had this on my mind for years.

Third movie :
    Basically its a ninja movie, it starts with a small groups of ninjas waking up from their sleep ( or hiding ) under ground with a carpet over them, started running into a village to i think assasinate someone, what i remember is an old guy teaching kung fu to a student wich wich was in his mid 30's, what happens later in the movie is that a ninja visits the old man and said that a long time ago the old man had killed the ninjas father ( the ninja might be referring to the beginning of the movie, and that the old man was one of the small groupd of ninjas ) anyway the old man knew he was going to get killed by this ninja so before he was executed he gave the ninja a small and golden relic and told him when he finds this same relic on another ninja, it ment that they are related somehow / brothers ?
    The old man gets executed by getting his head chopped. The student somehow finds this ninja and they started fighting, i remember the fighting scene well
    The student and the ninja fought and both of them had to retreat behind a wall each to rest a little...the student said this out loud : He is as strong as a tiger
    At the same time the ninja was saying to him self that the student is as strong as a bear, or vice verca. At the end of their battle they discovered the rellics on their necks and questiond each other. At the end of the movie they teamed up and sought up the villain who i guess was behind the ninja's father's death in the first place, the ninja's special technique was going underground and " swim " fast towards the enemy....you could actually see something moving the ground up while he was " swimming "
    And yeah this is actually it, i hope i made my memories as clear as possible so they could be understood more correctly....sorry if things seem a blurr since these are bits and peaces of what i recall was about 18/19 years ago. I watched this movie on the same video cassette as the anime above, so i think this movie was produced in the late 70's or beginning of the 80's.

Lastly i want to thank everybody reading this, and in advance thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 12:48 PM

The first is The Old Man and the Sea (1958)
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 01:17 PM

The second is Magic Boy: Magic Boy. 1959

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's movie evil guy turning things to stone cartoon movie [ 8 Answers ]

A movie that came out in late 1980's with a lady who had friends that were weird little dwarfs and an evil guy who turned into a bat would turn things into stone kind of a snow white movie during the movie I just died in your arms played in it and the dwarfs or whatever were singing in it and at...

Late 50's early 60's TV movie [ 2 Answers ]

Back in the late 50's or early 60's I watched a "scary" TV movie with my older sister. All I remember about it was there were two frightened nurses alone in a house with a invalid they were caring for and a murder was on the loose. A basement window was found opened and in the end the larger of...

80's anime style movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking for a movie that was on either showtime or hbo in the mid 1980's. It was about a brother and sister that looked human, but they had wings. The other main character was human, in his late teens and was selected to pilot this robot that looked similar in style to Voltron. ...

Unknown 80's anime movie [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the title to an anime movie aired in the united states on cable (possibly Disney, maybe one of the "special delivery" programs on Nick, or even possibly on a movie channel). The only details I can recall about the show are: The hero drove a sleek sports car, that would enter the...

Identify old 80's anime movie [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm not a huge anime fan, but recently I've been getting these flashes of memory of an old anime movie I used to own on VHS when I was 6 or 7. I doubt it's a very good film but it holds quite powerful memories of when I was a nipper so I'd love to locate it. I can remember quite a lot...

View more questions Search