Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eweir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Adopting my broters and sister
    Im 23 and want to adopt my brothers and sister as they are in foster care, is that possible and how long does it take
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Dec 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
    It is possible. From what CPS says, they make every attempt to keep the children with their family members. However I'll be honest, your age may be an issue. It won't stop you from adopting them, but despite what they'll tell you, it will make it hard... actually THEY (CPS) will make it hard.
    Contact CPS, tell them your interest and get the process started. They'll have plenty of questions to ask you (can you support them, do you have a stable job and homelife, etc) You'll need to do a homestudy, most likely, and go through a few interviews. Depending on the state, and how much trouble they give you, I guess it may take anywhere from a few to 6 months at most?
    You may ask if you can have temporary custody of them while you're going through the adoption process, but again its all up to them. GOOD LUCK!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 12:54 AM

Get a lawyer. You'll need one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting nephews and niece from deceased sister [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, my fiancé has just been awarded the adoption of her two nephews and niece from the state of Delaware. The state has conflicting answers to the question: When your only living sibling has died and you adopt her three kids, do you get the adoption payments as well as her social security? ...

Adopting my son [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my son even though he's biological father is not involved? Please help

How to go about adopting... [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you begin to adopt a child? What is the best route? My life partner & I want a baby to love. We are not legally "partners"/ or married as of yet. Should I go about this as single before we legalize? I don't know legally how we can go about this, what the laws are in Fla. In a...

About adopting another cat [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, For a couple of weeks now, my in-laws have noticed a big male cat ( not neutered yet ) running free in their neighborhood. They asked if the cat belonged to somebody. Nobody had seen that cat in the neighborhood before. They started feeding him : this cat is very affectionate. My...

Looking into adopting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my soon to be husband and I have been looking into adopting a child/newborn with down syndrome has anyone done this or have a child with downs we are just starting to look into this we would like to adopt after we get married! We both have a lot of expereince working with children youth etc with...

View more questions Search