Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trewell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 10:28 PM
    Sudden loss of well water
    What to do if sudden loss of well water and pump is still running?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trewell View Post
    what to do if sudden loss of well water and pump is still running?
    Sounds like you've lost prime. Turn off the pump and open up the small hole on top of the impeller housing, (there may be a gage or a plug installed).
    Fill the impeller housing with water until it overflows. ( If you can't overflow it let me know) Replace the plug or gage and turn the pump back on. This should get your pressure back. Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden loss of water pressure [ 6 Answers ]

I was using a shower, one of two in my home, and the water pressure suddenly dropped quite considerably. So much so that it made it difficult to finnish my shower. The other shower works fine and there doesn't seem to be any other water problems in the house. What could the problem be?

Sudden loss of hot water pressure [ 5 Answers ]

We have a new home (1.5 years) with gas WH. When awoke this AM no hot water pressure from any tap on main floor or lower level (cold was fine). Opened and closed most of the taps in the house on both levels but just a dribble or nothing. Then suddenly a loud "clunk" and now pressure is fine. ...

Sudden loss of water pressure - have well [ 1 Answers ]

I have a well - just moved "to the country". This morning, water pressure was VERY low throughout the house, including filtered refrigerator water, sinks, showers, etc. then eventually NO WATER comes out. Where do I begin trying to figure out the problem? What type of professional should I...

Sudden Loss of Water Pressure [ 1 Answers ]

About a week ago we lost water pressure throughout the house and yard (sprinklers). Both hot and cold are affected. My house was built in 1999, copper pipes, we do have water softener (it was without salt for about 2 months), we use city water. The city checked the pressure at the street end and...

Sudden loss of water pressure [ 6 Answers ]

A couple of days ago I turned on the water at my kitchen sink and it came out with the usual force, but then about 10 seconds later it slowed down considerably. This continues to happen on both the cold and hot water, but I have not seen this happen at any of the other faucets in the house. ...

View more questions Search