Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr_breeze Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 10:12 PM
    old currency
    Hi, My grand parents passed away last year and they collected a lot of old coins and some old currency notes and I was wondering what they were worth.

I have a 1 dollar silver certificate that is from the series 1928A serial number Z58728894A. It looks to be in VF to XF condition, has a blue seal, blue serial numbers, has silver certificate written at the top, and has the signatures of N.O. Woods? As treasurer and AW Mellon as secretary of the treasurer.

Five 2 dollar bills, 4 that say series 1953a. Two of them, serial nos. A45507309A,A34911945A, are in XF condition; 1, serial no. A25064157A is in VF condition; and 1 serial no A18063722A is in good condition. These 4 bills have red seals and numbers and are signed by Priest as treasurer and the first one mentioned has Robert Anderson as secretary while the other 3 are signed by George Humphrey. They all have United States Note written at the top. I have one 2 dollar bill that is from series 1928G serial no. E18342311A, is in VF condition, is signed by Charles as treasurer and Snyder as sec. It has red seals and numbers and also have United states Note at the top.

I also have 2 small bills that have no dates on them. One says The Japanese Government 50 centavos and has the letters PI stamped in red at the top right and bottom left corner. This bill is in VF to EF condition and has no signatures at all. The other one says The Japanese Government at the top and is a 1 peso note with a serial no. 0276149 and has {37} stamped in the top left corner. This bill is in fine condition.

What do you think?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 12:19 AM

Hi, mr_breeze!

It looks like you've done a great job of following the guidelines as outlined on threads of this site for the information that needs to be provided in order to be able to helped the best here concerning paper currency.

As such, I' sure that Flying Blue Eagle will really enjoy addressing your question, because he has the current documentation as to the possible monetary value of such things.

I'm sure that he'll be along sometime in the near future to address your question.

We'll look forward to your posting on another thread about the old coins that you have.

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 12:32 AM

MR_breeze - I have written down all that you have given on your post on the currency that you have. I will start looking up the answers on your questions asap, and get back to you :: Have a great day tomorrow and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Dec 4, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle View Post
    MR_breeze - I have written down all that you have given on your post on the currency that you have. I will start looking up the answers on your questions asap, and get back to you :: Have a great day tomorrow and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Thank you and you too.

Dec 4, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, mr_breeze!

It looks like you've done a great job of following the guidelines as outlined on threads of this site for the information that needs to be provided in order to be able to helped the best here concerning paper currency.

As such, I' sure that Flying Blue Eagle will really enjoy addressing your question, because he has the current documentation as to the possible monetary value of such things.

I'm sure that he'll be along sometime in the near future to address your question.

We'll look forward to your posting on another thread about the old coins that you have.

Thanks!
    My it would take a week to catalog all of them lol. My grandfather saved a bunch of 1964 Kennedy half dollars, Eisenhower half dollars, mercury dimes. Many many wheat and indian head pennies. I counted 23 liberty silver dollars from 1918 to 1923, at least I think they were liberties, they are in the safety deposit box and I haven't seen then in a while. There must be 20 dollars worth of bi-centennial quarters and a couple of boxes of old canadian coins. My wife is going to sit down and list them all one day or so she says and if she does I'll post it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign currency [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get a small amount of Italian currency for a gift in Denver,CO

You.S. Currency [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like to know 1928 silver certificate star note graded CGA 63 unc. Is worth. Please confirm Thanks Paul

Old currency [ 7 Answers ]

How much is a 1928 ten dollar bill worth in circulated condition?

View more questions Search