Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikegesualdi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Right career path
    I am not really happy in my career right now, because I feel it is not what I was really meant to do. I hate feeling like I am not able to give a hundred percent. Is this right for me?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 08:54 PM
    If you are unhappy, then you should consider moving on. Are you educated in the field that you are currently in? Do you know what it is that you want to do? Do you need a special degree to move into your new field? Are there jobs readily available in the new field?

These are all things to consider. Do not quit your current job until you have figured out what direction you need to take. Actually - in these times, you probably shouldn't quit your job until you have another one secured.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 12:50 AM

Hi, mikegesualdi!

What is it that you think makes you feel like you're not able to give 100%, please?

Thanks!
    ketan R Dhayani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 02:59 AM

no.it's not right for you.
    I thinke that you have ability
    To get 100% marks.so just you try it.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 15, 2008, 10:45 AM

The instrument most career counselors & coaches will suggest in this situation is the Self Directed Search; it's available here and is normally 10USD, but I see they have a special price now of 5USD. You get a detailed report (sample available on site) that will suggest a number of careers you might look into; each will have a DOT Number like 090.167-018; you can enter this code into the O*Net Crosswalk and get all kinds of useful information about the career.

Note that the SDS will tell you what careers you might enjoy doing; they don't assess whether you have the training or skills necessary for those careers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Career path should I take? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a lot of difficulty deciding what I should do once I am finished my B.A. in Anthropology (it is my major, sociology is my minor). I am in my third year of my undergrad and am 20 years old. I do enjoy the courses I am taking and if I had the money or was paid to go to school I would...

Career Path [ 1 Answers ]

I have one and a half year experience in Siebel Functional Testing plus 6 months internship in Siebel technology(completed a project during internship).Worked on CRM and PRM modules. What type of career prospects I have ?

Confused about my career path [ 4 Answers ]

I didn't get to do the subjects that qualified me to go into the medical field and now I'm confused. Instead I ended up doing the arts and now I have to choose a career that matches the arts. So I have to now become a journalist or reporter and I don't really want to do that. I want to become...

View more questions Search