Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohhoneyhooke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 04:22 PM
    My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her
    My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant.
    What should she do?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 04:24 PM

Well she may not be able to get him back but when the baby is born she can get financial support proven that he is the father.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 04:39 PM

I know she might feel lonely but she needs to take care of herself because she has a baby inside of her. Being stress isn't good and as mention eariler once the baby is born she can go after him for child support regardless if he wants to be in the child life of not.

The only thing you can do right now is support her by being her rock and shoulder to lean on. Try to keep her mind off this ex and I know it is going be hard but it is doable. In the end him and this girl would get a dose of their own medicine because karma is a b*#ch.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 07:36 AM

Well, she (as others have stated) needs to take care of herself and not worry about the ex. You can't make someone want to be with you.

Does she even want to be pregnant? Is she prepared to be a mom?

If not - there are options. Adoption is a great one.

IF she is ready to have this baby and raise it - then she needs to concentrate on the baby not the ex.
    BrittanyFaye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 03:21 PM
    She needs to see if the baby daddy will help her out...
    It's his responsibility too. If he doesn't then she needs to take him to court.
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Dec 20, 2010, 10:19 AM
    I agree with the previous answers. She needs to calm down, have the baby, (NOT an abortion), choose adoption or motherhood, and then if she chooses motherhood she has the right to take him to court for child support. However, she should discuss that with her ex before taking him to court. He may be willing to help without a law suit.
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Dec 21, 2010, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterGirl_15 View Post
    , have the baby, (NOT an abortion), choose adoption .

It is the mothers choice what happens to the unborn child's not yours and it is unfair to put this sort of preddure onto somebody. I would advise your friend to have a chat with the father and explain the situation to him. It would be unfair of her to pressure him to be back with her but it is important that she involves him as much as she can. It is vital your friend understands that her parental relationship and romantic relationship with the father are separate and not to involve the two together. If the father says he doesn't want to beinvolved then wait until the baby is born (if that's what she choses to do) then go through a solicitor.
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Dec 30, 2010, 05:42 PM
    It is the mothers choice what happens to the unborn child's not yours
    Should a woman be able to kill her baby after it is born, it's her choice? Do you support my choice to speed while driving, it's a choice and, the government shouldn't have the right to interfere with choices! Would you support your partners choice to cheat? Or my choice to murder? Exactly how "pro-choice" are you? Or does it just stop at having abortions? Which then of course would make you Pro-abortion...

We as 'anti-abortionists' ask if it's okay to kill babies AFTER they're born. People used to say no, that's murder. Now we ask that question, and they still say no, but nurses are actually taking failed abortions in the rooms where soiled linens are disposed and leaving them to die. When does abortion become murder? Where is the line? You should think before you say she has that choice. After all, if she doesn't want the baby or can't support/raise it, well, that's half the reason adoption is available!
    bestbessie Posts: 45, Reputation: 10

Dec 30, 2010, 05:56 PM
    Hiya. This site and this type of question is going to attract people who have very strong views. People like me do believe that there is a choice in whether to proceed or not with a pregnancy, and it doesn't make me someone who believes in total societal chaos, anarchy and the destruction of the world as we know it.

It's frankly not an easy choice and it comes with a range of heartbreak and doubt, then again so does proceeding with a pregnancy, having a baby, remaining tied to a deadbeat dad for the rest of your life. There is always the possibility that there will be other children in the future and that these children will be born into a loving, stable family environment.

Given that this is your friend, and it's her decision, all you can really do here is listen, don't try to jump in and solve her problems, or pressure her to do what you think is best. Support her without judgement in whatever she chooses to do. If she has a baby, provide practical support, help out and keep her company.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 12:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterGirl_15 View Post
    Should a woman be able to kill her baby after it is born, it's her choice? Do you support my choice to speed while driving, it's a choice and, the government shouldn't have the right to interfere with choices! Would you support your partners choice to cheat? Or my choice to murder? Exactly how "pro-choice" are you? Or does it just stop at having abortions? Which then of course would make you Pro-abortion...

We as 'anti-abortionists' ask if it's okay to kill babies AFTER they're born. People used to say no, that's murder. Now we ask that question, and they still say no, but nurses are actually taking failed abortions in the rooms where soiled linens are disposed and leaving them to die. When does abortion become murder? Where is the line? You should think before you say she has that choice. After all, if she doesn't want the baby or can't support/raise it, well, that's half the reason adoption is available!
    Not once did the OP (original poster) even mention abortion. Even if she had, that's the choice of her pregnant friend.

You have your beliefs and that's your right, but you do not have the right to push those beliefs on others. Not on this site, and not in the real world either.

If you want to discuss abortion and your beliefs, start a thread in member discussions. If you want to answer questions on the pregnancy forum than leave your beliefs behind and stick to the facts.

The facts are, there are three options, and they are having the child, adoption and abortion.
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Dec 31, 2010, 09:37 AM

Writergirl_15 I was not contradicting the belief that you have but that is our choice, I am also not saying that people should kill newborn babies or murder anybody, I think you have completely jumped the gun on this one. I do however believe that each pregnancy situation is different and should be treated individually and with respect. It is not fair to go around telling people how they should live their life, this site is for advising people, advising being the operative word.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 13 year old friend is pregnant! [ 12 Answers ]

I am 14 and I just found out that my 13 year old friend is pregnant and she is running away to live with her brother! What should I do yo help her? I also found out that my other 13 year old friend wrote a story about meeting and sleeping with an Asian person and getting pregnant with him. She...

Could my friend be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

She had sex on August 15th and had a normal period on August 7th but now she's only getting her period for 2 days and its light Is she pregnant?

Oh my! My friend might be pregnant! :D [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I'm huge on babies I love them! My close friend might be pregnant and me, her, and another friend are super excited! We are getting a test today so she can check but I'm already so excited I'm searching online for stuff for the baby already!! In the case that my friend is pregnant. Does anyone...

Is my friend pregnant [ 49 Answers ]

Hi, I had my lmp July 12th it lasted until tha 17 I had intercourse using tha pulling out method tha 23rd and 24th and tha 30th 2nd of aug. 4th 5th and 6th my 1st fertile day was tha 23rd through tha 29 or 28th can I b pregnant now?:confused:

Is my friend pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I have this friend that did it on the first day of her period and she usually lasts 7 to 8 days well this time she lasted 13 days and that's very unsual for her. She says that she has been havig these frequent head aches that make her feel sick and queasy. She's been eating more than she usually do...

View more questions Search