Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miss-JS Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 03:30 PM
    How to get longer eyelashes.
    Hi.

I have fairly short, very curly eyelashes and I really want them longer and if possible fuller, any tips on how to do this are very welcome!

Bear in mind I do not want to wear fake lashes or pay for implant lashes

I have seen advertisements for products that claim to accelerate eyelash growth giving fuller and longer lashes, does anyone know if these work? If so how well?

Any tips or "home remedies" that might enhance my lashes..
    ikryspy Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Dec 2, 2008, 04:16 PM

Buy the right mascara, and make sure your lashes are completely makeup free for best results. Apply twice, but before the first coat dries. Probably not the kind of advice you were looking for but I've never heard of any home remedies.
    Miss-JS Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 04:08 PM

Thanks!
    I use a lengthening mascara that helps abit.
    I would really like to know how to get them to grow longer though...
    Xx
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss-JS View Post
    Thanks!
    I use a lengthening mascara that helps abit.
    I would really like to know how to get them to grow longer though...
    xx
    Eyelash length is based on what you inherited, not health food or pills or some technique.
    sweetsarah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 12:57 AM
    I am using this product called lashmantra , its available here- LashMantra | 100% Natural Eyelash Growth Serum for 2 weeks now it has made my eyelashes appear thicker, darker and a bit longer. I hope it makes my lashes more long, its just been 2 weeks so I guess it'll take some time. I am just being too impatient,lol
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 20, 2009, 01:14 AM

Just a great mascara. See the eyelashes are black except for a tiny bit on the ends where they are clear, the mascara coats the whole lash, including that clear portion and makes them appear longer.

Double coats was a good suggestion. But what I do is, put one coat on, let it dry then curl lashes, then apply last coat.
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Apr 30, 2009, 08:52 AM

Use eyelash curlers, these work a treat! And then ask your makeup counter what mascara would suit you, there likely to test them all out on you so you can decide for yourself! Also to enhance the look of them draw a very thin line of black eyeliner (liquid is best) right close to your top lashess! This will make them look thicker xx
    lindsey18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 08:08 AM
    After reading one of the members' comments in this forum I bought LashMantra. I had never thought that my lashes could grow longer, it looks really thick and long now.
    LUBNA123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsarah View Post
    i am using this product called lashmantra , its available here- lashmantra | 100% natural eyelash growth serum for 2 weeks now it has made my eyelashes appear thicker, darker and a bit longer. I hope it makes my lashes more long, its just been 2 weeks so i guess it'll take some time. I am just being too impatient,lol
    Where can I purchase this product?
    Vision Expert

Aug 7, 2009, 12:37 PM

I know this is a stupid question, but I figure it was worth asking: Can someone with long eyelashes do this to achieve LONGER eyelashes? And if the results are more than what is desired can it be reversed? I know that cutting eyelashes is a big no-no.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 7, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    I know this is a stupid question, but I figure it was worth asking: Can someone with long eyelashes do this to achieve LONGER eyelashes? And if the results are more than what is desired can it be reversed? I know that cutting eyelashes is a big no-no.
    My eyelashes are really long and they look even longer when I wear mascara. I used to trim my eyelashes thinking that they wouldn't grow back but they did. I stopped because the ends of my lashes looked weird. They didn't grow back longer than they were before I cut them though.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    my eyelashes are really long and they look even longer when i wear mascara. i used to trim my eyelashes thinking that they wouldn't grow back but they did. i stopped because the ends of my lashes looked weird. they didn't grow back longer than they were before i cut them though.
    You shed hair all over your body, including your eyelashes.
    They eventually fall out and new ones grow in their place.

Haven't you ever heard the myth that if you find one of your eyelashes you are supposed to put it on your fingertip, blow it off and make a wish! :D
    Vision Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 02:39 PM

I've never heard that one, but I know the one where you find someone else's eyelash on the their face you take it and put it on your fingertip and so does the other person. And you make a wish and the one that gets the eyelash gets their wish. Kind of like the wishbone thing.
    burg2123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Oct 29, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Hello, Lumigan really helps to get them big. MY ex wife used it before and it did made them big.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

Eyelashes [ 1 Answers ]

I've been looking on eBay and have seen lot's of eyelash curlers, but I'm not sure which one I should buy :confused: So could someone let me no which one I should buy on eBay? I want a heated eyelash curler I'm in the UK Thanks :)

Eyelashes [ 4 Answers ]

Over the years I've tried lots of thigs to make my eyelashes thick. So far three things have worked. Eyelash growth enhancers, vasciline, and olive oil. Does anyone know what else I could use? Thanks!! :D

View more questions Search