Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALMOSTGROWN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 10:32 AM
    How can I put a relative out?
    My husband's grandmother died without leaving a WILL. She had 2 living children. Both live in the house. One of them is on drugs,steals from the house, makes violent threats and doesn't pay any bills. Is there a way to put him out of the house?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Hello A:

I don't know. WHO owns the house?? Those are the people who need to evict or otherwise deal with these living children.

But, it looks to me like THEY'RE going to wind up with the house - not hubby. But, what do I know?

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 06:53 AM

Yes, whose name is on the deed ?

After she died with no will, and the family went to probate court to determine the owner, who got the house?
    ALMOSTGROWN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 10:08 AM

The deed is still in the grandmother's name. Nothing has been changed. My husband and I don't want the house, his mom and uncle lives there. In the state of GA a tenant is defined as a having a rental agreement with a landlord. This is not the case.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Hello again, almost:

Couple things... You're incorrect about the relatives NOT having a lease. In the absence of a WRITTEN lease, the tenancy IS presumed to be month to month. The Grandmothers estate IS the landlord. The executor of the estate is the person who is acting landlord.

The estate needs to be probated by a court of law to determine who owns what. The court will appoint an executor.

In any case, you don't have ANY thing to do with the house or who lives there or what their arrangement is. You apparently have some personal beef with them, but it doesn't appear that you can use landlord/tenant laws for these purposes.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender relative [ 2 Answers ]

I have numerous ?'s. Do the same rules for the time that someone serves for child molestation, arressted before 2001 apply the same as to someone arressted in say 2006 ? What I mean is the 90 per cent factor vs. 50 per cent? Do they still have to go by a grid sheet? Can someone who pleads...

Relative abundance [ 2 Answers ]

Chlorine exists in nature as two isotopes. Given the following data calculate the relative abundance of each isotope. CL = 35.453amu I just need an example on how to do this. The book is no help!

Non relative custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked to take custody of two boys whose mother passed away do you know if I would be able to get any financial help through the state for these boys who have no family

Non-relative children [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help: my girlfriend and her 3 year old have been living with me since last Feb. and last year his real father claimed him on his taxes (eventhough he doesn't live with him) I am the only person who works in the household. Do I have the 1st right to claim the child on my taxes. His father...

Relative abundance [ 1 Answers ]

How do I work the relative abundance of Gallium

View more questions Search