Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hawkshaw94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 09:43 AM
    No hot or cold out of shower
    The mixing valve receives hot and cold water with only one pipe leading up to the shower head (basically a 3-way block). No tub. It is a single lever round knob cartridge. No water is coming out of the shower head.. If I remove the cartridge and balancing module, water will exit this area with great pressure. If I stuff it with a rag, water will exit the shower head. Is it the cartridge or module? They are jameco, very hard to find and to change the block will entail many hours of work. The outside diameter of the valve components is 1 3/8 in.. Or did I miss something when replacing a split pipe? Please help.:cool:
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 12:34 PM

It sounds like the problem with the cartridge and there is no need to replace the block, just take the cartridge to the home depot or any other plumbing supply they will help you to find you the cartridge, good luck.

John
    hawkshaw94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 06:14 AM

Thanks. I'll give it a shot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower is too hot, too cold, never right! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In both of our upstairs showers, it is very difficult to adjust the water temperature. There are two knobs on each shower, one for hot water, one for cold water (it is not a single, adjustable knob). Here's the problem: When we turn on the hot water, it is scalding. If the cold...

Why does my shower run hot and the tub cold? [ 3 Answers ]

When we run a bath at night for our kids we can not get hot water out of the spout. However, if we switch to the shower the water runs hot. Right now we are filling the tub with water from the shower which takes forever. Any suggestions - other than turning the water in the house up to 190...

Hot and Cold Shower [ 2 Answers ]

When showering the water will very quickly go normal temperatures to either scalding hot or freezing cold. It will do this every minute or so. Is this to do with my showerhead or the inner plumbing of my building??

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Cold shower [ 2 Answers ]

The water coming out of my shower has gone cold unless you turn dial to very hot. When this happened it tripped the electricity can I fix it or do I need to buy a new shower

View more questions Search