Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lriverwolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Circuit breaker keep tripping
    Hi,
    The problem is that the breaker trips and I cannot reset it, but after a few hours sometimes I can reset it but then it will trip again then when I try to reset it the breaker arc and woun't reset.
    Help!!
    kevg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 08:50 AM

Is it an RCD or MCB (should say on breaker)
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kevg View Post
    is it an RCD or MCB (should say on breaker)
    Maybe you could explain what these are and why it matters. I am even curious myself.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lriverwolf View Post
    Hi,
    The problem is that the breaker trips and I cannot reset it, but after a few hours sometimes I can reset it but then it will trip again then when I try to reset it the breaker arc and woun't reset.
    Help!!!!
    What breaker are you referring to? What does it feed?
    Tev Posts: 232, Reputation: 20

Dec 2, 2008, 02:42 PM

Stan, I assume by RCD he meant residual-current device, which is known here as a GFCI. MCB is miniature circuit breaker, not used in the US for residential applications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit Breaker for the dryer keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

For the past month, our dryer has been tripping the breaker switch in the circuit panel. Initially, it would do it once a day, then a couple times a day, then several times during a single drying cycle, now every 2-3-4 minutes during a drying cycle. Then, every once in a while, it will go through...

AC Circuit Breaker Tripping [ 4 Answers ]

My Trane AHU/CU cools great except that twice in the last 2 weeks the circuit breaker has tripped. Both times I have noticed it has got hotter in the house, I go out in the garage and the AHU Blower is blowing but the CU is not running. I check the panel and the circuit breaker is tripped. I reset...

Circuit fails without tripping breaker [ 4 Answers ]

I was ironing the other day when the circuit went dead. When I went to the box, the circuit breaker was not tripped. But I turned it off and back on anyway. An overhead light on the circuit went on briefly and then all went dead again without tripping the breaker. When my main handy one came...

Circuit Breaker Tripping [ 1 Answers ]

We have installed a electrical box on the home that houses a 20 amp fuse w:gfi off the meter, then ran the wires to a outdoor box w: a gfi plug & a on/off switch. Seems to be wired correctly, but the 20 amp fuse keeps tripping. Thank You in Advance for any help, Michael

Hot tub circuit breaker tripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have had this hot tub for about 6 years. It has a history of blowing an internal 20 amp fuze. But, lately it runs a little while and then trips the circuit breaker. Any ideas?

View more questions Search