Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javjov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2006, 12:05 PM
    How to uninstall Norton Antivirus 2006
    Hi everybody
    I need help in this issue please? And it started in my work email when I started receiving attachements zipped files including passwords and I tried to install the Norton Antivirus 2006. It crashed 3x during installation, creating Symantec errors and gives me this error that an old version of antivirus 2006 is incomplete try to remove it and restart your computer and try to install it again, Using XP windows

But I can't uninstall it either - stuck in limbo. I tried so many things like add and remove programs but no chance till I installed the inova tools but still got the same error each time I try to install the anti virus, then I tried to follow up your messages on ask me help desk, and tried to install the symnrt.ex. but each time I got restarted even after I cleaned the registry or even start to run the regedit,
    Now can't reinstall my antivirus 2006 which still stuck on my PC, because says there is a more recent version of Norton Antivirus installed on the system.

When I try to open a document in MS Office which worked fine 3 days before now Symantec Antivirus 2006 blocks MS Office 2003, frist start like to prepare installing something and then saying "the command can't be performed been a daialog boxes... click on.. when I press OK.. giving me the norton 2005 does not support the repair feature please un install and reinstall and repaire for three times then for more three times.. I got sick of this I don't know what to do? I can't open any of my MS Office documents at all.

Any suggestions on how to uninstall Norton Antivirus 2006?

Thanks much
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Jul 2, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Try doing a system restore to before Norton was installed.

Start -> all programs -> Accessories -> System Tools - System restore.

This will restore the registry to how it was before the installation.

BTW, you are not the first - many people have had similar experiences to yours with norton. I suggest not re-installing it and going for something like AVG - free for personal use and very competitive pricing for business use.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 2, 2006, 12:43 PM
    I think there is a removal tool on the symantec website also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help I can't Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005! [ 3 Answers ]

:mad:Please help I have been trying for 2 days to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005, the Anti virus was showing as "Files corrupt" advised me to uninstall and reinstall, two days later after various attempts and reading on the Symantec website still none the wiser. Tried Add/Remove programs...

Uninstall norton 2004 [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to uninstall norton internet security but it doesn't appear in add/remove programs. Where might it be hiding?

Antivirus... [ 11 Answers ]

May I get some advise, its about what is the best antivirus that I can use that won't make my PC slow, this antivirus will be install to a none network or no internet PC so that means I need a antivir that no updating require but if there is how can I update this antivir to a no internet PC......

Antivirus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pals I'm confused about selecting the antivirus for my PC ,can u tell me which is the best antivirus and also the best among the free antivirus softwares

Uninstall Norton [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Until I can fit a new system in my budget, I'm stuck with my Windows ME. How do I uninstall Norton Security and Norton Anti-virus system? At one point I did hit uninstall in the programs list, now I can't find it anywhere, it's not even in install/uninstall programs. Also when I try to...

View more questions Search